Club Touareg Forum banner

Upgrading Nav to newer one?

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  suave6565 
#1 ·
I have a 04 with Nav, I noticed that some 2010's have a newer looking nav along with a back up cam. Would it be possible just to buy one of them and have it be plug in and play?

#2 ·
Will not be plug and play. Different CANBUS from 04 to 10. There as a place that made an adapter of sorts to trick the radio into thinking it was being hooked up to the newer CANBUS, but I don't know if they are still being made or not. Was aftermarket, not factory. It can be done and has been done, but you need that adapter to make it work and then you may not have full function of buttons on the steering wheel.

Reactions: djfono
#3 ·
Dam, so maybe I should just get an aftermarket android unit if it’s gonna be the same hassle and all. I just want a back up cam to be honest haha. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
My dealer wants $830 buck to update the NAV on my 2012, between the update, the codes, and the installation. I'd put my money into new hardware.

Why do you want to update your 2012 nav? You know how happy I’d be to have your nav? That Nav screen still looks modern even in today’s standards lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
may be somebody can help me here? in 2014 I repatriated my US-spec 2012 tdi back to germany, no mechanical mods done except some unnecessary cosmetic tuev- crap... funny enough does the radio work fine, but no navi. is there any way to avoid kufatec and their $899 country change fee? I am not really an electronic wizard BTW... the unit is an rns850, THX guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.