Club Touareg Forum banner

401 - 420 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you send me a link to the head unit that works with a cd nav treg along with the instructions to install. What you have is exactly what I’m looking for. A plug and play solution to get rid of the on cd nav init and get sound from all speakers. Thx!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pretty sure all the Android units are only plug and play with the Delta (non-nav), RNS510 and RNS2 DVD nav units. If you have a CD based RNS2 then you may be out of luck unfortunately. Check out this page, it listed the details and Allen is very knowledgeable and quick to respond if you have questions.

Aftermarket GPS Navigation Car Stereo For Volkswagen Touareg/T5e

Whatever you do don’t get suckered by a Navall unit. That site is a reactive reseller who neither maintains stock nor has the resources/desire to provide any kind off warranty replacement or refunds if you get a defective product. He’s been banned from a number of car forums because of his business practices (which I wish I knew before ordering from him ?). This is the same guy that was operating the now defunct tregradios.com website.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
966 Posts
Pretty sure all the Android units are only plug and play with the Delta (non-nav), RNS510 and RNS2 DVD nav units. If you have a CD based RNS2 then you may be out of luck unfortunately. Check out this page, it listed the details and Allen is very knowledgeable and quick to respond if you have questions.

Aftermarket GPS Navigation Car Stereo For Volkswagen Touareg/T5e

Whatever you do don’t get suckered by a Navall unit. That site is a reactive reseller who neither maintains stock nor has the resources/desire to provide any kind off warranty replacement or refunds if you get a defective product. He’s been banned from a number of car forums because of his business practices (which I wish I knew before ordering from him ?). This is the same guy that was operating the now defunct tregradios.com website.

Yeah but do those work fully with the all the speakers and the functions on the steering wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
966 Posts
For 2005 VW Touareg with CD Navi, the only solution now is install the extension cable, only four car speakers work and only volume +/- buttons work.

No one has one that makes all the speakers work lol? I can’t only have 4 Lmaoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello everyone!
This is my very first post on this forum, but I read it for a time now.
I just bought and installed (on my own) a Android HU with PX5 chip, 4gb RAM and 32Gb flash made by (or sold) ERISIN. This model has CanBus decoder integrated in the unit, but all I can get to work are: ACC power&shut down, Reverse auto-switching, battery voltage and the illumination. No info whatsoever in Vehcile App, no doors signal,no rpm,oil fuel etc. The unit has multiple Can Settings and I tried all the VW related ones with no luck. What I have observed is that the unit auto switch to reverse camera with any can bus settings. Has anyone with any Android HU succeeded to make the vehicle app show some info?
Does anybody knows what protocol the CanBus from Touareg 7L uses? (the unit has this options: Hiworld,Simple&Raise,Baggoo,Union)
Sorry for my english, I hope you understand something from what I wrote.
I am willing to replace this unit if someone can recommend one which works with the Touareg 7L Can Bus 1.6.
Any advice will be much appreciated!

P.S. The car is a VW Touareg 7L R5 TDI from 2005; Can Bus 1.6.

Regards,
OV

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am actually running an android radio right now and did not have to do a rewire or anything. It retains the factory look not taking away from the look of the interior. It came with an canbus adapter to let you use the factory amp, so it is completely plug and play. I did have to order a adapter to change the 2 antennas the the vehicle has to one into the back of the radio to get better reception (It is still pretty bad and will by an signal booster later for it). My TReg is a 2005 V8 that has the factory navigation and 11 speaker system. I also recently installed an amp in sub as well this past weekend. This is the exact unit I have below.
Where did you order it from I had one similar I just sent back to amazon because I plugged & it didn’t play at all. Seemed like harness it came with wasn’t connecting all the connections it needed too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone else that have been running an Erisin/Aliexpress special Android Auto unit that works well? I am replacing a Delta unit on my 2010 and simply want something that gives me android auto and works with my speakers/volume controls on steering wheel.

Looking at this one currently:

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Kragnorok : I have found and installed the best android navi on my Treg. It has android auto and wifi carplay, best display on the market, octa core with 4gb ram, etc.
I don’t know if I can post the link here , but if you want I can send it to you in private. Just let me know

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,161 Posts
@Kragnorok : I have found and installed the best android navi on my Treg. It has android auto and wifi carplay, best display on the market, octa core with 4gb ram, etc.
I don’t know if I can post the link here , but if you want I can send it to you in private. Just let me know
For sure...post the link. Share the good news with other owners who are looking for a similar solution ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
@ovydiks Definitely! Please post the link in here, would love to see it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
966 Posts
I don’t know if I can post the link here , but if you want I can send it to you in private. Just let me know View attachment 239451
Me likely Post the link

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok guys, here it is:

For Volkswagen Touareg GP 2002-2010 car radio multimedia video player Volkswagen Vw Touareg GPS navigation Android 10 4G version

I bought the most expensive one with 4gb ram, wifi carplay and 64 gb flash memory.
Thanks for the reply @ovydiks. That does look like a decent one, my only concern would be the replacement of the factory buttons to the new unit. Do they all work perfectly?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes they do. Actually they feel even better then the original one. I got mine installed over 4 months ago(I did it myself), I am really happy with this purchase, it's the third try with Android units. if you have Can-Bus 2.0 (Treg manufactured after 11.2006) this unit is absoluty lovely! I'm working on upgrading my can-bus to 2.0 with new instrument cluster and modules, can anyone help me with a Autoscan log from a 2007 onwards Treg? Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes they do. Actually they feel even better then the original one. I got mine installed over 4 months ago(I did it myself), I am really happy with this purchase, it's the third try with Android units. if you have Can-Bus 2.0 (Treg manufactured after 11.2006) this unit is absoluty lovely! I'm working on upgrading my can-bus to 2.0 with new instrument cluster and modules, can anyone help me with a Autoscan log from a 2007 onwards Treg? Thanks!
@ovydiks Thanks for the detail. It's definitely a bit pricier than the one I was looking at 350 vs 500 Canadian shipped but it does seem to be a bit better featured.

The one nice thing about the one you linked is it actually has reviews and seems to come with a warranty which is good. That one has now come to the top of my list thanks to your input. Is it completely plug and play to install then?

·
Registered
15 Posts
All buttons work, even if the buttons for heated seats are impulse based now, it remembers the last setting after you restart the car. It sounds like I m selling this gps but I’m really happy with this purchase because I know how long and how much money i have spent to finally have what I wanted, and if you re looking for a fine android unit for this car, this one it really is the best and the only choice you can make and I m really glad to share with you. The only downside on a treg T1, is that the MFD doesn t show any info. On a Treg from 2007 oneards, you can control the climate from it, you can get the parking aid sensors info when you are reversing and the backup camera is on,you can see and control any parameter on the can bus, thats why I’m trying this can bus update. Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently installed this same unit in my 2009 Touareg and have had some issues with functionality. Audio plays and steering wheel controls work, but there is no MFD information displayed and the audio/nav menus just disappear when you remove the old unit. I also have a persistent static noise in all conditions except when audio is muted. Other than that the unit does work quite well. I contacted the seller and they said the MFD is not intended to work and they are blaming the static issues on my speakers. Have you had similar issues with the static noise? I do have a factory dynaudio amp.

401 - 420 of 421 Posts