Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
VAGCOM pro in MN?

To activates the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems, try this.

1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
4. Save and exit

I did the recode on my 2016 and very impressed with the change in sound quality!
Hey there

Brand new 2015 TDI Lux owner here. Loving it so far except for the sound. Is there anybody here from MN who can perform the Dynaudio upgrade for a reasonable charge? Beer? Bourbon? Scotch? I don't trust myself to buy the cable and perform this upgrade myself, at least without adult supervision.

TIA

Mark

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not in MN or I'd stop by. It's easier than you think, and I would be willing to talk you through it if you decide to get the cable. It really does make a big difference.

Hey there

Brand new 2015 TDI Lux owner here. Loving it so far except for the sound. Is there anybody here from MN who can perform the Dynaudio upgrade for a reasonable charge? Beer? Bourbon? Scotch? I don't trust myself to buy the cable and perform this upgrade myself, at least without adult supervision.

TIA

Mark

·
Registered
140 Posts
Found one and had it done. Difference is nuts. Now to possibly add the DSP...

Isn’t it crazy?? So messed up on VW’s part to do that to consumers especially since we were paying obscene amounts of money to buy the damn vehicle anyways. And for someone who purchased the top of line most expressive trim offered in 2015 such as the Hybrid which was priced at $69k and VW couldn’t add Dynaudio but at least give it the VagCom tweak and call it “Premium Sound” or something but they didn’t even do that.

Now that’s messed up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you don't find anyone closer, I'm in Northern NJ. Maybe we could meet halfway, or I could be convinced to take the wife on a roadtrip- Central MA is beautiful any time of year.

Anybody in central Massachusetts willing to do this for me for a case of beer/bottle of liquor?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is this already done in the 2012 TDI Executive?
I haven't had a chance to look at the VAGCOM there yet.
I have been busy with the Reverse Camera retrofit since they left it off on some 2012s due the the flooding in Japan

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes, if it has Dynaudio. Easiest way to tell is the door speakers will have the Dynaudio logo.

I have been busy with the Reverse Camera retrofit since they left it off on some 2012s due the the flooding in Japan

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you don't find anyone closer, I'm in Northern NJ. Maybe we could meet halfway, or I could be convinced to take the wife on a roadtrip- Central MA is beautiful any time of year.
Thanks for the very generous offer! If I can't find anybody local, I may take you up on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Which retrofit unit did you go with? I have a 2012 tdi lux as well, and am looking to do this.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought a module and the camera in the handle from a forum member who had advertised them in the classified section. I bought a Kufatec harness to connect everything together.
The instructions leave a little to be desired, but doable.
Rear View Camera - Harness for VW Touareg 7P - RNS 850
Item ID: 37811 €57.98
Shipping costs: €17.53
Total costs net: €77.25

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I tried adding Radio unit 56 to the gateway (only one available) but i failed and threw a fault code on the CAN gateway "not found". Does everybody else have unit 56 when scanning with OBDeleven or vag-com?
Took me a while to get this working properly obdeleven on my 2015. My procedure was to turn off the ignition and reload the module list from the app. No change in the gateway setting was needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To activates the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems, try this.

1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
4. Save and exit

I did the recode on my 2016 and very impressed with the change in sound quality!
Just bought a 2012 TDI. Anyone in the Santa Ana/Irvine area that does this programming?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
32 Participants
T-Beam
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing