Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you are in South Florida I could do it for you for a beer :) . Otherwise, see if you can find someone local that will do it. Sometimes smaller independent shops can do things like this for a minimal charge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wish I was in South Florida...not just to have you do the mod. We finally got rid of the snow here in Chicago yesterday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have a 2016 TDI Lux Toureag and am very unhappy with the sound quality.

How do you get to the screen to activate the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems?

1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
4. Save and exit get to the screen in order to

Thank you

·
Registered
124 Posts
I too have a 2016 TDI Lux Toureag and am very unhappy with the sound quality.

How do you get to the screen to activate the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems?

4. Save and exit get to the screen in order to

Thank you
You need a Ross-Tech VAG-COM cable. It's used to scan, diagnose and adjust car computer data. If you want to waste money, purchase one off of ebay, and then when you realize it doesn't work purchase one from ross-tech. I suggest you save money and purchase one from ross-tech in the beginning.
https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vchv2_ent/

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just had this exact tweak done to my 2015 T3 Hybrid and it’s a world of a difference. It’s as if the car secretly has subwoofers and premium speakers in hiding. Can’t believe they would charge almost $70k for this new and not at least have the proper sound profile enabled.

Had someone near Baltimore do this for me as they have the proper Vag/Com stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi all,
OK so I broke down and bought a Ross-Tech Vag Com cable/software. Now I want to activate the dynaudio feature.
My question is, when it's said to change "byte 4 to 0" ... exactly how is this done?
Does anyone have pics/video or links to such showing how or can someone give just a bit more details on doing it? It would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not sure yet. Pizza delivery came just as I was finished. Still have to test drive and evaluate it.

The bass is way more aggressive now so you might have to lower this below the half mark. Either way, it was the best upgrade I did and cost me nothing.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The bass is way more aggressive now so you might have to lower this below the half mark. Either way, it was the best upgrade I did and cost me nothing.

Got a change to drive around and test it out. Definitely a huge improvement over stock. Like someone else mentioned it seems like I've turned on a loudness button. Overall more robust sound with a big improvement on bass which does require it be turned down a bit.

No other Dynaudio feature such as EQ settings I've read somewhere about, but as far as free upgrades go (aside from the Vag-Com costs) it's good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are in South Florida I could do it for you for a beer :) . Otherwise, see if you can find someone local that will do it. Sometimes smaller independent shops can do things like this for a minimal charge.
Hello aray213! Im in Miami and I'll get you a case of beer if you would do me the favor.. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
^^bump
To activates the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems, try this.

4. Save and exit

I did the recode on my 2016 and very impressed with the change in sound quality!
On my 2012 V6TDI with non-dynaudio RNS850 I don't appear to have unit 56 at all. I use OBDeleven but unit 56 cannot be found, even when I add it manually to the unit list. I do have unit 5F Information Electr. but I can't find any settings related to internal/external amplifiers or audio profiles. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
^^bump

On my 2012 V6TDI with non-dynaudio RNS850 I don't appear to have unit 56 at all. I use OBDeleven but unit 56 cannot be found, even when I add it manually to the unit list. I do have unit 5F Information Electr. but I can't find any settings related to internal/external amplifiers or audio profiles. Any thoughts on this?

I have ran into the issue my thread has the fix just read along you will need vagcom

2013 speaker isssues
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=91021&share_tid=287557&url=https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287557&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so I tried adding Radio unit 56 to the gateway (only one available) but i failed and threw a fault code on the CAN gateway "not found". Does everybody else have unit 56 when scanning with OBDeleven or vag-com?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
32 Participants
T-Beam
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing