Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just purchased a 2015 TDI. Beautiful SUV. I smile every time I am behind the wheels. My only issue is the audio system is not that great compared to the executive model.
Has anybody tried upgrading the audio system without compromising the rest of the system like navigation etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,
I just purchased a 2015 TDI. Beautiful SUV. I smile every time I am behind the wheels. My only issue is the audio system is not that great compared to the executive model.
Has anybody tried upgrading the audio system without compromising the rest of the system like navigation etc.
Hi,
I think you should reference the thread: To Those Looking For A Plug & Play Audio Upgrade (Base Audio Only).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi,
To activates the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems, try this.

1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
4. Save and exit

I did the recode on my 2016 and very impressed with the change in sound quality!

·
Registered
345 Posts

4. Save and exit

I did the recode on my 2016 and very impressed with the change in sound quality!
do this before anything ....HUGE improvement

·
Registered
143 Posts
do this before anything ....HUGE improvement
Wow, I'm not sure how I've never come across this before, but yes indeed a huge improvement! My biggest complaint about my 2013 was the poor sound quality, and this more than makes me happy. no need for additional hardware here. I'm not an audiophile by any means but I do appreciate good quality sound, and this is so much better than stock settings. I had been planning to eventually buy one of those $1000 Match Processors, but not anymore.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Wow, I'm not sure how I've never come across this before, but yes indeed a huge improvement! My biggest complaint about my 2013 was the poor sound quality, and this more than makes me happy. no need for additional hardware here. I'm not an audiophile by any means but I do appreciate good quality sound, and this is so much better than stock settings. I had been planning to eventually buy one of those $1000 Match Processors, but not anymore.
Amen i couldnt believe the difference...the stock system was clearly held back on purpose, as some of us feel to up sell dynaudio. I was going to spend big money for a match as well so glad i dont need to. The stock speakers have built in resistors so we dont need to worry that this effects the tweeters.

Really i love the stereo now, i may add a low power sub just to add a bit more bass, ive always had a good stereo but i think just a bit more bass would finish it off

·
Registered
43 Posts
For those that did the VAGCOM and have the PP52/62, what how was the improvement from the VAGCOM fix to the PP52/62?

The vagcom change really opens up the possibilities with the dsp (I have a 52). The bass was not adequate and mid was held back as well prior to the change. I had been thinking I’d wasted my money on the dsp / cable/ install until opting for the final step and investing in the vagcom. This was expensive but the sound is better than the Dynaudio in my ‘12 Touareg (which I never thought much of). I haven’t tried the vagcom alone since the dsp was already installed but will suggest that alteration first to a friend who also has a new ‘16. We’ll see if he chooses to go the dsp route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok, so I just applied the update through ross-tech's VCDS and wow it really does open up the sound. The stock sound can best be described as very muffled, and now the sound is much more clean. I have noticed that the bass varies considerably depending on what source you are listening from. The base through bluetooth audio and AUX is much more controllable, whereas the base on Sirius is way too much even on the lowest base setting. As expected, the sound is best on AUX (cleanest sound and tightest base). The base in general with this update is rather boomy, and I by far prefer tight base that melds well with the rest of the sound. Really looking forward to anyone that can do a comparison between VCDS and VCDS/DSP, as I personally would spend the extra for the DSP if provides superior cleaner sound and tighter bass.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just remember each source has its own bass and treble levels for the audio.

As for the difference with the DSP. Just think of it this way. The stock with the mod is about how it should sound for a factory setup. With the DSP and a little tweaking of the DSP software, the system sounds as good as any high-end factory setup (Bose, Harmon, etc.) You can only get so much from the stock speakers and no sub but I have stopped looking for a sub and am very happy with the sound. By the way, I put the DSP in prior to the mod and just had to try the setup without it to see once I did the mod in Vagcom.

·
Registered
460 Posts

4. Save and exit

Can this be done using OBDeleven pro? If so does anyone know how. I'm new to my Treg and this site. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts

4. Save and exit

Apologies...but I'm new to this. Where do I access this to change the settings? Is this also applicable to a 2016 TDI Lux? Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Apologies...but I'm new to this. Where do I access this to change the settings? Is this also applicable to a 2016 TDI Lux? Thanks!
You need a VAG-COM cable, not sure if any other diagnostic cable/tool/scanner can do same! And yes I'm 99.99% sure it's applicable to a 2016 TDI Lux, I have a 2016 TDI comfortline.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Rich. Looks like i need the cable and the software itself. Makes me a bit nervous to do this myself. Next thing I know I'd have flashing lights and the thing would be inoperable.

Maybe I can find a shop that can change the settings. Did changing the settings alone make a big difference in sound for you?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Rich. Looks like i need the cable and the software itself. Makes me a bit nervous to do this myself. Next thing I know I'd have flashing lights and the thing would be inoperable.

Maybe I can find a shop that can change the settings. Did changing the settings alone make a big difference in sound for you?
Yes these settings alone for me made a huge difference. There are some folks who also added a DSP....http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/to-those-looking-for-a-plug-and-play-audio-upgrade-base-audio-only-223154.html

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
32 Participants
T-Beam
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing