Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 05 T1 has the grey faux-leather seats. The fronts are manual, but do have seat heaters.

Does anyone know if the wiring is already there for the power seat option? (I don't have the car with me at the moment to check) I found a thread where someone had power drivers side and was adding power pass side and the plugs seemed to be there, but without the 12V which he had to add, but I think this was for a later model.

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Don't count on anything being there and you will have to buy quite a bit to make it all work. Generally not worth adding a feature like that after the fact.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
X2

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If by a miracle, the wiring and plugs were there, what else would you have to buy?

I would have thought the seats were mostly self contained with the motors and switches mounted on the seats?

If there is nothing there, then, yes, it's a futile exercise, requiring a lot of wiring. But the fact that the seats are heated gave me hope.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know that some OEMS tend to have a standard wiring loom to reduce complexity and cost by having one common part, so sometimes all plugs and wiring is there. Not sure about the Touareg though. I also am hoping so as I want to get powered drivers seat, because the amount of adjustment between me and the mrs is annoying.
I would also hope that all control modules etc is all self contained withing the seat and it's a case of just supplying it with power. But hey I guess nothing is that simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts