Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2016 TDI. I would like to know if anyone as upgrade their caliper with the Porsche Cayenne GTS and the 380mm disc ? Is it bolt on ? Or just stock with the 18z caliper ?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Everything can be direct bolt-on between Touareg and Cayenne, but it may require more parts than just the disc and caliper

Calipers bolt to wheel bearing housings, and the mounts are different between the two calipers, so you will need a different wheel bearing housing, which is cast in the vertical strut that connects upper and lower control arms, the whole piece needs to be changed. You will then need a different wheel bearing to suit the new bearing housing.

If you want it to function properly you might also need a few hoses with different bends in them to be 100% factory, and you might also need to recode the brakes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything can be direct bolt-on between Touareg and Cayenne, but it may require more parts than just the disc and caliper

Calipers bolt to wheel bearing housings, and the mounts are different between the two calipers, so you will need a different wheel bearing housing, which is cast in the vertical strut that connects upper and lower control arms, the whole piece needs to be changed. You will then need a different wheel bearing to suit the new bearing housing.

If you want it to function properly you might also need a few hoses with different bends in them to be 100% factory, and you might also need to recode the brakes.
Thank you for the info, that what my though, I think I will just upgrade to the 18zr with the 350mm disc, will be much easier

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts