Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I know this was been discussed many times but i need your assistant.
I'm planning to replace my old OEM DVD car stereo with aftermarket system.
In my place normally Pioneer brand is available and i found one brand AVH-X2500BT DVD Car Stereo.

AVH-X2500BT - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 6.1" WVGA Touchscreen Display, MIXTRAX, Bluetooth®, and Advanced App Mode for iPhone® 4S and iPhone® 4 | Pioneer of Canada - English

I have couple of questions and need your answer

1. Can i use the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT for my Touareg?
2. Is there any additional accessories i need to purchase? As per the dealer here, the system already have rear cam relay and steering cable included.

I have 2007 V8 4.2L

Regards,

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hi Guys,

I know this was been discussed many times but i need your assistant.
I'm planning to replace my old OEM DVD car stereo with aftermarket system.
In my place normally Pioneer brand is available and i found one brand AVH-X2500BT DVD Car Stereo.

AVH-X2500BT - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 6.1" WVGA Touchscreen Display, MIXTRAX, Bluetooth®, and Advanced App Mode for iPhone® 4S and iPhone® 4 | Pioneer of Canada - English

I have couple of questions and need your answer

1. Can i use the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT for my Touareg?
2. Is there any additional accessories i need to purchase? As per the dealer here, the system already have rear cam relay and steering cable included.

I have 2007 V8 4.2L

Regards,
Go to Crutchfield.com and use their configurator, then go find somewhere cheaper to buy whatever you choose. I have a 2010 and put in a Pioneer AVH-4100NEX for the Android Auto. The only thing that didn't work that well was the aftermarket steering wheel controls - volume works (incl. mute/attenuate), but that's it - can't change tracks or move between iPod folders. Otherwise, Android Auto is the only way to go (I'm sure Apple Car Play is good too), and the Pioneer sounds great on most of my music - better separation and clarity than the OEM head unit, though some songs must have bass that goes through the factory amp for some reason because I've lost most of their bass - but only some songs. Most others sound way better.

Also, the Scosche faceplate you'll need to get is a one-time fit only - DO NOT attempt a "test fit" unless you have a drill and a second one on hand. I speak from experience. :chainsaw: You'll also probably have to grind down the clips to get it into the opening with the head unit in place, and also trim a bit off the outside edges for your other dash buttons like parking sensors and emergency flashers to not get stuck in the depressed position when you use them. But, the fit and finish otherwise are tight and look like OEM.

I've been meaning to post a how-to with my pics/experiences...just haven't got around to it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks stabone33 for the above info.
i just purchase aftermarket HU and it was installed, everything is working fine except for the rear camera. i believe i need the adapter. do you have idea where i can purchase the adapter?

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks stabone33 for the above info.

i just purchase aftermarket HU and it was installed, everything is working fine except for the rear camera. i believe i need the adapter. do you have idea where i can purchase the adapter?

You usually can get that is compatible with the head unit. Try contacting Crutchfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts