Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally pulled the trigger on the Unitronic Chip for the TDi and I like it so far! I don't have many miles on it yes but at first it feels much more like my V8 Touareg felt. I haven't driven it civil long enough to see the mpg increase but I have a highway trip this week that will test the mpg.

More to come.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some short highway trips on the truck and it seems like I get about 2 mpg better mileage.

I wish I could drive this back to back with the V8. I recall my V8 to be quicker but its so hard to tell after all this time, especially after driving the other cars because this just feels so much slower (naturally).

I decided to go out and make some runs and check the performance. According to the performance software on my phone, the truck ran 7.388 seconds to 60mph and the 1/4 mile in 16.51 seconds @88.5 mph. Probably not the best because I wasn't on a flat stretch, I left the Traction control on (it engaged on take off), and I wasn't in Sport mode (for whatever thats worth).

I will make some more runs and continue to post updates as I get them.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Thanks for taking the plunge and sharing your experience. I trust this is a reflash and not some add on device? Also, will be VERY interested in seeing mpg data. Can't seem to find what they "claim"?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I learned that there isn't a lot of details or data on the tune because the development was done over seas and evidently some adjustment was done for the poorer grade diesel we have here vs over the pond. I may be wrong, but I believe that I may be the first with this tune in the U.S. I am running Unitronic software on my TT and I am pleased so I trusted sight unseen for the Touareg.

This is a flash BTW, I sent my ECU in for the programming so it isn't easily removed but I think it is much better than a piggyback solution and there is some representation here in the states which is great from a customer service standpoint.

I will probably post some more feedback after some more testing over the next few weeks and I "hope" to have some towing feedback as well!

Carl

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, I am already on to other things like exhaust and further mods, not good ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Visually looks identical to the Race Chip tuning box I got from Germany that was guaranteed to work on the US 2010 VW 3.0 TDI. Never really got it to wok properly. Within a couple of months of fiddling with it my fuel pressure guage completely imploded on the road from WA to San Francisco. I can't tell you how nerve wracking that was. Company refuses to refund/return/engage with me. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to spend the money and ship it back to them with the work order from VW to replace the entire fuel line. Wait for a trusted ECU flash//upgrade.

·
Registered
688 Posts
cdoug3, any long term updates for this flash? How is it treating you? I plan to go in next Monday for mine... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
2010TDI
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing