Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
know how to deal with the dealer

spockcat said:
Read that and even contributed there. So far I haven't had anything happen with my car that couldn't be taken care of by the dealer, and I've got 15k. Most others get their problems resolved too if they know how to deal with the dealer.
That's the thing. I don't want to "know how to deal with the dealer". when I had my porsche before, I admit - I had problems, but the dealer and poa made everything so smooth and easy so I wouldn't complian about them. now I am waiting for over 3 weeks to VoA represantitive to finally approve for the dealer to replace my cracked windshield (cracked because of a faulty wiper arm, story in another thread). hell, I am expecting too much here from the all mighty regional manager when even the customer service person doesn't return my calls.
I still love the car but this will be the last vw I probably am going to own. not because of the car but because of the service.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Unhappy service

Do not expect Lexus service at a VW dealership. I have had several Lexus vehicles, a BMW X5 and a Range Rover 4.0. The Touareg is a great vehicle - every bit as good as any of the above. But VW service is not up to the others. I have been in to two different dealers. One tries very hard and does a pretty good job, the other might as well be selling Fords or GM cars. Neither even comes close to the Lexus service experience. VW hs a long way to go if they want to compete in the 50K plus vehicle arena.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
I think there really are some dealers out there that understand what VW is trying to do and really are trying to improve their service departments. Problem is that there are plenty that suck and those are the ones you hear about most on a forum like this.

·
Registered
139 Posts
this may be stupid... but how doesn´t the Cayenne have all, or at least some of this problems, since many components are the same ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh.. another thing.. This is very relative.. My Audi A4, had lot´s of problems, but most other buyers haven´t had any of them.. the main problem here is the production year/month...

·
Registered
236 Posts
I really haven't followed the Cayenne's "teething problems" as closely as the Touareg's (for obvious reasons), but I think you are generally correct in that the Touareg is having more faults reported.

Many of the issues referred to are electrical; I doubt that Porsche and VW share much in that department. But the recall related to wiring loom placement and the park brake was common to Touareg and Cayenne (though far more Porsches were recalled).

One assumes that VW has more of a production-line philosophy and Porsche have a "hand built" philosophy - they both make cars, but one company makes millions of them. That may be reflected in attention to detail and component choice.

Anyone following Cayenne's trials and tribulations?

·
Registered
866 Posts
The Cayanne and Touareg are built on a common assembly line in Slovakia. The Cayannes are shipped to Germany to have the engine and some other parts installed.

According to the Delphi website, both the Cayanne and Touareg share a significant amount of the internal electronics as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.