Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the part numbers/install instructions for adding the underseat drawers that came on 04 touaregs to 06 MY? if anyone has any for sale let me know please.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
The drawer was ok, but did not offer a lot of storage imo. I had one in my 04 and it was limited as to what you could put in it. 1st VW Parts has the listing for it if you go to their site, but cost versus what storage it offers is not worth it.
You said drawers, it would only be one since you can't put one under the drivers seat due to the battery being there. Just wanted to make sure you understand that.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The drawer would be good if one wanted to hide something. Maybe if one was leaving the car unattended at some lonely hiking trailhead for a few days.

But on day to day use, we have never used. Our Nav DVD cases live there on a permanent basis.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i understand everyone has different opinions of the functionality/usefulness of the drawers but im still looking for part#'s, install help, & 1 or a set to buy. thanks.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
i understand everyone has different opinions of the functionality/usefulness of the drawers but im still looking for part#'s, install help, & 1 or a set to buy. thanks.

Dave
Where do you plan on putting the second drawer since you are requesting availability of two of them? There is no room under the drivers seat due to the battery already occupying that spot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where do you plan on putting the second drawer since you are requesting availability of two of them? There is no room under the drivers seat due to the battery already occupying that spot.
On my 2012, I have both passenger and driver under seat storage cubby, which flips down with a latch.

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
On my 2012, I have both passenger and driver under seat storage cubby, which flips down with a latch.
I am thinking those won't be compatible for the previous gen Tregs though. He is looking for the drawer that came in the 04 which promptly disappeared in 05. He wants to put them in an 06.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeti is correct. And in all honesty I was unaware that installing a drawer under the driver's chair was not an option which is why I mentioned purchasing the pair. Nevertheless I have been unable to locate any words regarding an install.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeti, was reading this thread and I'm confused... I have an 06 v8 and I have this drawer under my passenger seat.

Edit: I see it's a TDI, maybe that's why.

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Yeti, was reading this thread and I'm confused... I have an 06 v8 and I have this drawer under my passenger seat.

Edit: I see it's a TDI, maybe that's why.
Yours may be a late 05 build. They were not there on most of the later build 06's. They were some 05's, but more or less disappeared in 06.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts