Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/tech
970 Posts
Depends how worn they are. Big diameter changes from wear or different tire brands can freak out the traction control system, or cause other tire wear.

If the tires still have half life, I would just put a new tire on (same brand/model).

·
Registered
2013 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/tech
970 Posts
Well on that note, I'm trying to recall the addendum that I received to my owner's manual regarding tire rotations. I want to say that it said not to rotate them at all. Anybody else have the addendum?
No addendum..The tire rotation schedule should be at 10K miles, every oil change. That's the way it's laid out in the maintenance schedule for year 2013. I have been doing this and I have even tire wear.

Funny this thread is about getting nailed. Yesterday, I noticed a small screw in the outside tread of my rear tire, near the sidewall. It must be short because I haven't seen a drop in tire pressure (checked 4 times since yesterday). I'm going to unscrew it at home. If it leaks, I'll go straight to the Winter set of wheels/tires, and getting new all-seasons in the Spring was my plan anyway (37K+ miles on the OE Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires, they are nearly done anyway).

I didn't want to install the Winter rubber until there's a need. The temps have been warm for this time of year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.