Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I'm usually pretty skeptical about things like this. However, in THIS case I wold opt for keeping the tires within the spec nooby quotes. Keep in mind Nooby has been around here for a long time and has helped out a lot of people, myself included. The cost of being wrong is a whole lot higher than the benefit to being right. If a mis-sized tire places undue wear on some part of the driveline (and it make some sense that it could), the cost of the cheapest part is really high. However in this case getting a tire shaved a little bit sounds like it would be pretty cheap.

I do wonder about how much different the new tire is at that low of a mileage. May be less than the tolerance. I also wonder about how much an over or under inflated tire could affect the effective circumference of the tire as it rolls along. So, its not like I don't have questions about the idea of keeping the tires within a certain spec, its just that I don't like to make hefty bets when I don't have solid facts to back me up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.