Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planned to pickup my new T-Reg next Monday, just called my dealer to make sure they are working on the relevant TSBs (they told me the day before yesterday that the car should come in yesterday)

Sales manager picks up the phone and says "we don’t have the car"... I have signed a PO on this car and now they say the other dealer who promised to send the car blew them off... unbelievable!!
:chainsaw:
They say that they can not get another car in my state, I asked them to do a nationwide search and find me a car, they said they will try (I could hear in his voice that they are not going to try too hard).

Any suggestions\thoughts. Is there a contact in VWoA that can make sure I will get the car I bought (same options)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Unbelievable-dealer says he doesn't have my car

I recently signed a purchase order for a 2004 V8 Touareg, but when I arrived to pick up my car, there were major defects in the paint job. My dealer could not locate another car from dealers in the area which matched my choice. The sales manager has ordered a 2005 V8 Touareg and is charging the originally negogiated price of the 2004 model ( no additional costs). Perhaps you should demand the same from your dealership. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why do you spend money and have a headache??? Do you have to have VW Touareg? I decide not to have one at all, I want to enjoy my life and have fun, especially If I have to spend that kind of money for a car. There are other great cars. Good luck

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bwagen said:
Why do you spend money and have a headache??? Do you have to have VW Touareg? I decide not to have one at all, I want to enjoy my life and have fun, especially If I have to spend that kind of money for a car. There are other great cars. Good luck
You don't know what you will be missing not having a Touareg.
Of course there are some minor problems, every make and every model has it's problems.
I ordered mine, even after reading all the problems some of the others had, because they all still love and adore their T-Reg.
The 2005 doesn't has this childhood problems anymore.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have no doubt that the T-reg is a great car, can not wait till october for a car (already sold mine as i was planned to pick my new car on monday).

Will VWoA do anything to help push the dealer?

·
Registered
119 Posts
avizer said:
i have no doubt that the T-reg is a great car, can not wait till october for a car (already sold mine as i was planned to pick my new car on monday).

I cann't hep you as I live in Europe and have no idea what VWoA would/could do. I know what they shoud do, but that's an other item.

Perhaps Spockcat will be able to inform you better, he is almost mister I-know-it-all (meant in the posotive sens of it!!). Try to contact him with a private mail or so. He's very well informed on VW.

·
Registered
866 Posts
avizer said:

Given that you have signed a purchase order, the dealer is contractually bound to delivering either this vehicle, or one that is at least as well equipped.

You should talk to the General Manager &/or owner of the dealership, and politely, but firmly insist that they hold up thier end of the contract. You do not need to explicitly threaten, but should make it clear to them that you may seek legal recourse. And if they delay you, ask them to provide you with alternate transportation until they can fulfill the order. Preferably a Touareg from the lot, or the Sales Manager, or General Manager's own vehicle.

Calling VWoA may not hurt, but I don't know if there will be a lot they will do. VWoA does not own the dealership, but perhaps they could assist in locating a vehicle (though the dealer should be using thier resources already).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.