Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am now up to 8000kms in my 2015 V8 Rline, and love it.

I just wanted to know if there are any others like me with the same model who have done any performance modifications to their Touareg?

Obviously happy with it factory standard, but wondered what mods are out there to push the engine a little more?

This is her:

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
What size are the rubber bands, sorry tyres?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
None.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now now guys -I thought you guys were taking the piss.

Tyres are Nitto NT420S 22x385/35 on a set of Black Renspeed rims. Cant say enough about the tyres, they stick to the road thats for sure.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Very nice! Did you black out all the chrome trim or can you get them like that there? Haven't found much at all available for the 2015's, of course here we no longer even have the V8 either so...I went TDI for the torque. Had 2 V8 Tregs and 2 Cayenne Turbo V8's. I have a set of 22" ABT wheels I want to put on in the spring. I still like those Rennspeed's a lot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks. Yes I hate chrome! I had it completely blacked out like my Amarok. The v8 tdi is a wonderful engine I must add.

·
Registered
960 Posts
How does he know if he did similar mods if he does not know ur tire size, sounds fair. Then you show a picture of an Amorack and think that is on topic either? OK

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How does he know if he did similar mods if he does not know ur tire size, sounds fair. Then you show a picture of an Amorack and think that is on topic either? OK
You may have missed we were talking about blacking out chrome. I have shown another example of this.

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
Reactions: hedditch

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hi All,

I am now up to 8000kms in my 2015 V8 Rline, and love it.

I just wanted to know if there are any others like me with the same model who have done any performance modifications to their Touareg?

Obviously happy with it factory standard, but wondered what mods are out there to push the engine a little more?
You failed to mention it was a V8 TDI. There may be a New Zealand or Australia tuner that has an ECU tune available for this. Nobody in North America will have anything as we are not privy to that engine.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you Scubacruiser. I will have a look. Yes it is a v8 TDI, apologies as in New Zealand we only have the v6 150KW, v6 180KW and the v8 250 KW TDI engines.

I realise there are many options out there.

I am hoping someone on this forum has the same vehicle as myself and has done some modifications to share or talk about.

I am aware of the "plug in chips" - like these ones: Chiptuning for VW Touareg 4.2 V8 TDI – RaceChip Chiptuning

Has anyone had any experience with these? 250kw to 311kw seems pretty outstanding.

Thanks
AL

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I wrote "None" in an earlier post to your enquiry about tuning opportunities because the V8Tdi is a] VERY rare and b] I don't recall anyone tweaking one.

I think you are on your own here! Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wrote "None" in an earlier post to your enquiry about tuning opportunities because the V8Tdi is a] VERY rare and b] I don't recall anyone tweaking one.

I think you are on your own here! Let us know how you get on.
All good - they are common in Australasia, we do not have a petrol v8 option for the 2015 models.

Well i dont know unless I ask so I am not losing anything by asking around :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts