Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Quick request, I was changing bulb in front passenger side and as I put the unit back in and went to tighten it ,the plastic housing shattered which holds the metal spindal I would say I may have tried to over tighten. It looks to me Imay have to replace the bottom tray has this happend to anyone else any help would be great, thanks Stewart.??????

·
Registered
70 Posts
Stewart,

You would be better posting this in the Gereral Touareg Disscussion something is bound to know something.

Cheers
Craig

·
Registered
465 Posts
thank you, just back from vw dealer ,80.00 euros less but have learnt good lesson do not over tighten when putting back in light unit, great to hear from somebody from this side of the water , would I be right in saying that may be the almighty stigg yours Stewart

·
Registered
70 Posts
No bother Stewart, god i will remember that when i come to change mine, I wish there was more people on here from this side of the water, maybe they will come will falling price of 4x4 in the UK.

I am the Stig........

·
Registered
465 Posts
I drive 2.5tdi black, one of the best cars I have ever had the first owner must have spent a lot of money on it.when I find out how to post a picture, not to good with the laptop yet, but they say we live and we learn,getting back to the lights, be very careful it is so easy to over tighten
yours Stewart

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah I drive a silver 2.5 TDI and agree with you one of the best cars i have have, i love it. I have only had it for about 8 weeks after trading in my Mazda RX8 and so far i am soooo happy with it.
Very easy to post pics, when posting a reply click on go adavnced, you will then see at the bottom of the page "manage attachedments" click on this and the click browse, find where you have saved the picture, click to open picture then click upload, you can attached several pictures at once.
Hope this helps, look forward to seeing you treg.

Cheers
Craig

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep you uploaded them correctly.
Very Nice mate, I originally wanted a black on but they are quite hard to come by over here!! Is that the Volksvagen DVD you have in the back?

It you go to General Touareg Disscussion under look for a thread called my first adventure should be on Page 1 or 2 you will see pics of mine.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well what do you think I QUITE LIKE THE NISSAN MICRA IN THE BACK ROUND. Not so good with camera either, I may do a course in it as well as the computer

·
Registered
70 Posts
HAHA picture are fine mate i couldnt do any better, my picture were taken with my iphone.........Did it come with the alloys and roof bars etc? Im looking for a set of roof bars myself, but they are very expensive.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I find it hard to belive they are that hard to come bye, a lot of people take them off as they feel they use more diesel I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR YOU, I checked out dvd and the name is vzula dvd it comes with remote head phones, so we do not have to listen to FIREMAN SAM god bless the welsh great pictures just had alook before tea some country side and the vw looks well, have you done anything since those pics. The rims are concept 22" on hankooks, venturs a bitch to keep as I have a love of kerbs, its about the only time I have been off road when its on the path. Whats the sea like now, pictures of north sea generally show high seas and larg swells did alot of jet skiing and water sports love the sea it must be hard to find parking at work with those swells ha!!!! it brings a hole new meaning to go anywhere suv my wife tends to drive it during the week I have to say she looks better behind the wheel than me. Did you find that you can move the arm rest one of the little secrets I picked up on this site, will go at fitting new tray tomorrow after collecting it today It dose not look to hard I hope, once I take it out there is no going back, O bye the way what kind of kM PER LITER are you getting yours Stewart

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well up date on replacement tray what a bast!!! to do had to take off front wheel remove wheel arch liner to remove screws at the back, vw did not mean this job for the DIY person and to add to my wooes it rained for the hole job but finished now and you would not see 2-3 hours work in it I WONT be making the same mistake again talk soon Stewart

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Stewart,

Yeah u are looking at about £300 for a set of silver ones, you see people selling them on here for about $150 but add shipping and uk tax onto that and u will end up paying more. I wouldnt really be bothered if they used more diesel because they look the dogs!! We are not out at see at the moment no work!! we are sitting in Montrose just outside Aberdeen. I havent done anything since i got it but i plan to do some stuff.....Tint windows, rear roof spoiler, new alloys, running boards, roof rails etc. My wife was dead set against me getting a 4x4 as she said it was to big and she would not drive it & now she loves it....she confessed that to me about 1 week after owning it.....haha. I told her she would but she wouldnt listen.
I am getting about 30 Miles to the gallon roughly which im really happy with considering my last car only gave me about 13 MPG.
Ive seen them DVD players on Ebay for £200 they say they are a genuine VW part and the VW logo come up on the screen when you turn it on. Might have to get myself one, but that will come later. I new you could move the arm rest forward found that out a few week back, because i was thinking that it was a bad design having it so far back, i then started footering about with it and walla it moved forward, i was quite pleased.....ooo the small things that keep us amused.
What kind of MPG do you get with them 22" wheels on there? I dont think im going to go above 20"

Cheers Craig

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sorry got in late not surprised about the wifes view of the vw just dont tell her about the price of the service, road taxe,and insurance althought England is different, worked in london in the late 80s Ithink i am getting about 25-27MPG, A THE OLD STORY BOYS GET OLDER AND THE TOYS GET MORE EXPENCIVE,

1 - 20 of 317 Posts