Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2014 UK registered R Line 3.0Ltr Touareg and after the summer of rarely using the heating in the car, now its getting colder I have noticed the heater is blowing cold air. The engine temp sits at 90 with or whiteout the caravan on the back, there water level is fine with no leaks noted and there are no warnings on the dash. I am trying to get to a friend to scan it to see if there are any codes saved.

All the vents work as they should I can control them as they should. One thing I have noted is the smell of the AC, when the AC is on there is a distinct smell which clears after a bit of use, I am smelling this same smell when the heating is turned on as if the AC is maybe stuck on a bit??

Any help much appreciated.

Lee

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sounds like the magnetic valve in the left front wheel well is stuck, preventing hot coolant from the engine circuit to go through the heater core. Or your blend door in the hvac assembly is stuck. Do you get heat if you run the aux heater? Have you scanned 08 for codes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not scanned yet, hoping to do that this week. The valve you speak of, is it easy to access? Where abouts is it in the wheel well?

thanks

lee

·
Registered
490 Posts
Pretty easy, checking it is even simpler. Remove the front left wheel, then the rear section of the fender liner (several torx 25 screws). Pull the fender liner forwards and "hook" it on the the front of the rotor so its out of the way. You should see an assembly of metal pipes and rubber hoses. After the engine has been run for several minutes, all 4 pipes (2 upper, 2 lower) should be warm. If the lower ones are warm yet the upper ones are cool, then you most likely have an issue with the magnetic valve.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m also having the same issue, as described, with blowing just strictly cold air.

Thanks for this! I’m going to also check it. If is faulty, how does fox or replace this magnetic valve? And is it expensive part to replace?

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that, ill get a look ASAP. It looks like you could maybe feel the two lower pipes from under the car? Not that it helps as I don’t know if these would be the feeds or returns. It looks like quite the job to replace the valve by the looks of it!

Thanks

Lee

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Not that it helps as I don’t know if these would be the feeds or returns.
If you read what he told you, you will know that those lowers are from the engine side..... you can also see the uppers going into your cabin which is where the heater core would be.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m also having the same issue, as described, with blowing just strictly cold air.

Thanks for this! I’m going to also check it. If is faulty, how do you fix/replace this magnetic valve? Is it underneath the glove compartment(is it what they call the heater servo?), and is it an expensive part to replace?

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
35 Posts
After lots of digging, I believe the magnetic valve is also known as heater control valve? $50 for the part and will check it out during the weekend. Good luck with yours, and update if you were able to get fixed.

Cheers,

Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts