Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the up Treg to go to lunch today and I got a warning alarm and message on my screen that read "Airbag Fault". The aribag idiot light stays on too. Anyway, I called my service guy and he says the Diagnostic Techs don't work on the weekend, but that I could drop it off tomorrow (Saturday) and that he'd give me a replacement vehicle to use until they can get to it.

2 things:

1) That was very cool! He probably didn't have to let me have a replacement car. Good service!

2) Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I imagine it could be any number of things--computer glitch, bad sensor, actual problem with the airbags...

· Registered
25 Posts
There was this exact problem with another person who posted around 2 days ago. Use the seach tool or whatever its called. But serously check out the other post. It could help you out

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the idea. I did just that and I have to say, now I'm a bit worried. I have not had any issues thus far and I'm still in that dreamy, "this truck is awesome" stage. I really don't want this to be some protracted, drawn out issue...We'll see I guess...

· Registered
866 Posts
See my post: http://forums.clubtouareg.com/ftopic565.html.

This doesn't seem to be an indicator of impending doom, but you might need to be patient with the service department. I was told that they are not allowed to keep any airbag parts in stock (hazardous), so anything that might need to be replaced will need to be ordered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.