Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 R5 steel suspension.

The tyre pump is supposed to be right beside the spare isn't it?

Where do you usually plug the tyre pump in?

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,197 Posts
2004 R5 steel suspension.

The tyre pump is supposed to be right beside the spare isn't it?

Where do you usually plug the tyre pump in?
Mine pump has clamps (crocodile clips) which attach to the battery terminal posts under the bonnet, next to the engine.

I don't know if T4 is the same as T1.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine pump has clamps (crocodile clips) which attach to the battery terminal posts under the bonnet, next to the engine.

I don't know if T4 is the same as T1.
Yep, I've got those battery posts too.

I didn't think it would be good to use the cig lighter type power outputs in the back, the pump I just ordered draws a max 45amps.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
As you now know, never use the cigarette lighter type sockets to run the compressor as the both the draw and the length of time will cause problems!

·
Registered
59 Posts
There should be a quick connect to the right (looking towards the back) of the tool drawer under the front passenger seat.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As you now know, never use the cigarette lighter type sockets to run the compressor as the both the draw and the length of time will cause problems!
I had a thermatic fan that melted my fuse box then melted an inline 30amp fuse holder.
Didn't blow the fuse though.

·
Super Moderator
9,721 Posts
There should be a quick connect to the right (looking towards the back) of the tool drawer under the front passenger seat.
OP has steel suspension. What you described is for the air suspension systems which allow you to fill tires via the built in pump for the system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts