Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to start a 3 month trek north and after my last experience on dirt roads with 21" tyres have gone for 18" rims with bigger profile tyres for this trip, Only problem is the tyre pressure monitoring system as 18"er don't have any sensors. Am I able to shut this system down temporarily? If so how. Dealer says cant be done.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,194 Posts
When I put my 17" winters on initially, they had no TPMS - my 2016 model year Touareg just showed blank pressures on the TPMS but allowed other functions to be selected - I chose to retro-fit TPMS sensors after discovering it's a technical offence in Europe from a specific implementation date.

If it's legal in Australia, just ignore the warning.

If you do buy TPMS sensors to retro-fit, bear in mind the sensor changed between 2013 and 2013 model years, ie from T3 to T4.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talked with VW they pretty much gave the same answer as Black Grouse ie you cant shut it off just ignore it. And guess what they don't know their product (again). The system disables itself after about 10 mins of no readings. No warnings just zero pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts