Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 V6 Touareg for my daughter about 3 weeks ago. Air blowing out of the vents is cool, but not cold. It never seems to really cool the interior. I thought about checking the freon charge, but wanted to verify with someone who is more familiar with these cars what type to use. I'm assuming it takes R-134a?

·
Registered
556 Posts
There should be a sticker in your engine bay, right in front of you when you open up the hood, that tells you the exact type and amount of refrigerant (and oil) your car needs. You should adhere to that in every regard.

But yes, first generation Touaregs generally use R134a, as Freon itself has been outlawed and replaced virtually everywhere by that compound, because R134a is magnitudes more environmentally friendly. There's also an even newer and more eco-friendly refrigerant in circulation, but that can be used only in A/C systems specifically designed for that. Later generation Touaregs include that, but yours should stick to R134a.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No cold air conditioning

My 2004 touareg v8 had a/c & heat in the winter on the "idle"setting because it wouldnt blow out the fan at all. I've replaced the blower fan motor & resistor & now it doesnt get cold at all. What step would you recommend taking next? Can't afford to go to the dealership due to waiting on disability for congestive heart failure which is 10 times worse in this humidity. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You most likely have a defect temperature flap, or some serious problems with the air ducts. You'd need to read the codes from the Climatronic unit to confirm a problem with a temperature flap stepper motor and to find out which one(s) is/are actually not working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Gnits
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing