Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about two years since I picked up my 2010 T2 Lux Limited VR6 and I just wanted to give an update about my experiences.

The car was World Auto Certified Pre-Owned by Volkswagen which came in very handy as VW warranties the car like a new car for 2 years / 24,000 miles from the time of purchase. (There is a $50 deductible per warrantied item.)

As part of the CPO preparation process, VW replaced the following before they put it up for sale:

-Driveshaft & Bearing

-Brakes & Pads all around

-Power Lift Gate Button

-Xenon Headlight

I have done the following under the CPO warranty.

-Horn Replaced (known issue)

-Comfort Control Module (alarm would randomly trigger when locking car)

-Valve Cover Gasket Failed (most likely because CPO dealership overfilled the oil by a quart)

-Main Engine Fan Replaced (Fans stay on for about minute after shutdown during warm weather. New part didn't fix the issue. Thermostats check out fine. "Operating as intended")

-HVAC Blower Motor Replaced (known issue)

-Passenger Airbag Light Replaced

-Serpentine Belt & Tensioner Replaced (started to hear a bearing noise between 5000-6000 RPM)

All in all, I've been very happy with the vehicle. It never leaves the asphalt so the 20 inch Mountain wheels help with the handling. I hope to add the Cayenne sway bars at some point.

I don't tow, so the VR6 has worked out fine for me. I like it's smoothness and considering this engine has been around forever, I feel it's probably a good mill if I "drive it until the wheels fall off". I know most here would think it's under powered and prefer the V8 or 3.0 but I've never been left wanting more power. More gas mileage is another story. :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I was very happy with my allegedly underpowered 3.2, but then, of course, I'm a damned good driver who knows how to get the best out of any car! You're obviously just as good!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was very happy with my allegedly underpowered 3.2, but then, of course, I'm a damned good driver who knows how to get the best out of any car! You're obviously just as good!!

How does one drive a certain way to achieve optimal MPG? New owner of a 2015 Hybrid here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts