Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m looking for twin turbos for my 2005 Touareg. Has anyone done this or know where to find the right ones?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thats a vague question. Any turbo can be made to work with custom fabrication. Or are you looking for some sort of OEM setup?

·
Registered
927 Posts
That's a tough one that I do not have the answer to. Volkswagen and Porsche have made many turbo v8's in the 4.x range but I dont think the 4.2 has an OEM offering.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I think you will be starting from scratch as a complete prototype and you will have to do all your own calculations and engineering to make things fit including exhaust work, wiring and ECU mods/programming.

I very much doubt whether it is worth attempting this on a 15 year old car let alone the cost and the trials and tribulations you will undoubtedly meet along the way.

In the meantime be aware that the timing belt, tensioners, water pump and thermostat must be changed on the old V8s every 80,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first.

If the belt breaks the engine is toast.

If you don't know with 1,000% certainty when the belt was last changed this should the first job you tackle ASAP.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Hello, I’m looking for twin turbos for my 2005 Touareg. Has anyone done this or know where to find the right ones?
There have been members that have supercharged the V8
Some 2005 Cayenne's was delivered with a twin turbo 4.5 V8 and seeing they are a Touareg's twin brother that would be a good start

regards
Drag

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay! The only problem I see is that although Touareg and Cayanne are brothers, the engines are not the same. However the Touareg does share the same engine as an Audi but I’m not sure which model. I believe Q7?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Okay! The only problem I see is that although Touareg and Cayanne are brothers, the engines are not the same. However the Touareg does share the same engine as an Audi but I’m not sure which model. I believe Q7?
All i was pointing to was that the Twin Turbo engine fitted in a Cayanne would fit physically in a Touareg no doubt.
Mounting would be almost identical

How easy do you want it to be ?

regards
Drag

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
848 Posts
Okay awesome! Any sites or products you would recommend?
An honest recommendation would be to sell your car and buy a Porsche turbo of the same year. You will save so much time and money!

As someone who has do a major swap if you are looking on line for directions it is probably more than you really want to handle. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts