Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I also run a large community and I've gotten to know vBulletin intimidatingly and I can help you change some stuff that at least can irritate me at times.

1) The list of new threads that you have to the right always takes you to the last post since you last logged in / last activity. A suggestion here is to make that an option with a new clickable icon. Because some threads you actually haven't seen before and you want to go to the first post of that thread.

(I do understand you can use the "new posts" feature, but when you have a list of threads readily available on each page, I rather click less and use that list of threads to continue my browsing)

2) The "title" of links, the one that pops up when you leave the marker on a link, should rather show the first post, so you get a preview of what the thread is about, not some last post that more than often have no connection to the first post of that thread.

I'll leave at that for now.

If you need help doing these changes, let me know. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
another tweak can be categorizing the classified section. Such as wheels, engine, interior, ext, etc.. Something like the audizine website i guess. Just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't think there's nearly enough things for sale to warrant dividing the classified section into 5-6 parts. Would be too much hassle going through all of them...might as well just keep it one forum and you can see whatever recent is for sale on the first page :)

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
I don't think there's nearly enough things for sale to warrant dividing the classified section into 5-6 parts. Would be too much hassle going through all of them...might as well just keep it one forum and you can see whatever recent is for sale on the first page :)
5-6 parts would be too much, but what about separating whole vehicles for sale from all else for a total of 2 sections? In all honesty, it does get on my nerves when I'm shopping around for parts and used "goodies", but whole Touaregs that are for sale are in the way as the eyeballs start to slowly scroll downwards.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
167 Posts
5-6 parts would be too much, but what about separating whole vehicles for sale from all else for a total of 2 sections? In all honesty, it does get on my nerves when I'm shopping around for parts and used "goodies", but whole Touaregs that are for sale are in the way as the eyeballs start to slowly scroll downwards.
Valid point. I think that's a great idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts