Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Eugene, Oregon 2014 Touareg TDI (7P6) -- I want to find the code to turn off the passenger side seatbelt alarm. I have a 40# Brittany spaniel that rides with me a lot and that bell is annoying! The dealer (Sheppard) said they couldn't turn it off for "safety reasons" which I find to be BS, but they did say you can do it with a VAG connection. I have a Ross-Tech HexCan connection, so just need to know where to make the switch. Could it be here?

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. (J387) Labels: None
Part No SW: 4H0 959 792 S HW: 4H0 959 792 M
Component: TSG BF H02 0306
Revision: -------- Serial number: 0000088501066
Coding: 011D17205E00453005080000
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 489F33D9FBF3F27EF9-801C

No fault code found.

Any help is appreciated!

~R

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Latching the belt is the analog way to solve this -- I'm a digital guy and it cannot be that hard to take advantage of the technology!

It is possible to do better!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I'm not surprised in the least the dealer turned you down!

How do you secure the dog in the car? you don't let it sit "loose" on the seat, do you?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Latching the belt is the analog way to solve this -- I'm a digital guy and it cannot be that hard to take advantage of the technology!

It is possible to do better!
Cut the seatbelt wire and ground it like it is connected. There is your digital way.

Actually you can go to the VCDS forums and sign up, and the people who make it, can guide you. Or it is posted.

Ross-Tech: Home :nerd:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moved on to the VCDS forums, as I know this is possible through the ECU.

Thanks,

~R

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[Select]
[17-Instruments]
[Coding]
[Long Coding Helper]
One of the drop-downs for Byte 00, you should have options, one of which should be:
"Seat Belt Warning inactive"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts