Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my V6 December of 2003. Besides the normal tire preasure problem I have noticed several times that my turn signal lights stay on after the car is turned off. I have not received a proper explanation from the dealership. The result is that after the car is turned off my front and rear turn signal lights stay on in a steady mode. Anybody else out htere with the same problem.

· Registered
133 Posts
there was another earlier post, i can't remember where, that said this was a european thing that the turn signal stays on to light the side of the car on the street. mike probably knows where the thread is...i'll see if i can find it.

· Registered
133 Posts
"With the key OUT of the ignition, turning the lights on will only light the parking lights in the front, and rear lights. And as Jack mentioned, the turn signal stalk allows you to light just one side of the car, but only when the car is off; Otherwise, the turn signal does its turn signal thing."

that was an earlier quote from steve in feb...so it sounds like it is normal, you'll just have to make sure you turn off the turn signal when you get out of the car...hope that helps...

· Registered
8 Posts
lights staying on

i have had this same with my toureg the blinkers and the parking lights stay on even when the car is turned off and locked. this dosen't happen all the time but alot of the time this happens. :anger:

· Registered
33 Posts
michelle said:
there was another earlier post, i can't remember where, that said this was a european thing that the turn signal stays on to light the side of the car on the street. mike probably knows where the thread is...i'll see if i can find it.
Woohoo! :joy: I've been jealous of this very European feature. Tried it out on my Touareg today, worked like a charm. Thanks for pointing this feature out michelle.

· Registered
133 Posts
i haven't tried it yet but have been interested ever since i heard about it. i have been sick all weekend so i will probably give it a shot tomorrow...wish me fun/luck/whatever...

· Registered
7 Posts
The turn signal light staying on after you turn off the car is a warning system to tell you that your turning signal is on. Just move the lever to the middle. Also, I assume you know that if you just "tap" the
turn signal lever it will put on the turn signal for 3 clicks.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
29 Posts
Keeping the turn signal stock on "turn" position and taking out the key will activate a warning ("parking light on") informing you that one of your parking lights is on (either left or right). Closing the door will stop this warning. Activating this feature helps when you've parked your car on the side of the road in a poorly lit area/road. This way, cars that pass on that side can see your Treg from a distance.

Exactly the same holds if you leave your light switch on. 1st position = left park light + 2nd position right park light.
In both instances, a normal battery should hold up for at least 8 hours.
Hope I've helped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.