Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport w/Tech
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm pretty new to the Touareg world (though I've fallen head over heals and fast). I'm in a 2016 Touareg Sport Tech (flint gray), NA version (V6 gasoline). I'm at around 52k miles. (Love this beast!)
I seem to be having a little bit of a turn signal issue. It doesn't matter when, or where, or what, or how, or why, but every time I put my turn signal on the signal turns on, holds a steady light for about a second or 2, then starts to blink normally. Both left and right do this. Is this normal? I don't know that I've noticed it when I first purchased about 6 months back or if I'm just slowly getting used to the nuances. Alternatively when I try to use the lane change signal I have to hold it for about a half second before the turn signal comes on for the 3 blink. I can't just quickly flick up or down like I've always done in any car with the convenience turn signal. The MQB '18 Tiguan I had was pretty much a light touch and it would turn on the convenience blinking. The Touareg does NOT act like that. Wondering if I should try to get a video of both scenarios in action and maybe upload to YouTube... Any ideas or help would be appreciated. I do have OBDeleven Pro as well, but nothing in there seems to give any ideas other than changing from 'blinks too fast' to 'blink normally.' I've tried both and it doesn't seem to change anything.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Thats weird.. wonder if you have a non-OEM bulb in one of your sockets

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I can tell they are the original front halogen ($40 EACH) VW bulbs. Rear are LED from factory

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Can you run a check in vagcom and see if the lighting system is giving you any errors or detects some strange bulbs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you run a check in vagcom and see if the lighting system is giving you any errors or detects some strange bulbs?
Yeah I'll check that out when I get home this evening. Last check everything was fine, but never know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wasn't able to find an error with lighting/turn signals yesterday, but I did happen to have my air bag light come on so that's being checked out. Here's the video for the odd turn signals:

Thankfully my Treg is still under CPO warranty and I work here (until tomorrow) so that'll help keep costs down.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That totally looks like a bad bulb somewhere in the system. Maybe somebody installed some cheapo after-market LED?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That totally looks like a bad bulb somewhere in the system. Maybe somebody installed some cheapo after-market LED?
As far as I'm aware the only bulb that can be changed out individually would be the front turn signal bulb (coincidentally the only bulb in the entire car that's NOT LED other than the HID headlights), but that's halogen for sure. I'm having the ECM replaced tomorrow and will try to do a little more digging to see if someone had done anything anywhere else. Interesting situation

1 - 8 of 8 Posts