Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!
Im in need of some information since i am planning on installing a turbo to my AXQ v8.

right off the bat i know you will tell me about where im going to fit the turbo on the engine bay, thing is, its in a completely different chassis and im using this powertrain because it was basically handed to me.
Ok so now to the technical stuff. Ive been reading about this 40v v8 and since i wanna turbo this thing i thought that maybe internals from the rs6 biturbo should work on this block. Stock internals of the rs6 if im not mistaken are already forged and should leave CR in 8.5 since they both have the same bore diameter.
could this be done?
i know it wont be cheap but it sure as hell interesting! Let me know in what parts i am mistaken since im not all the way sure if this will work

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
2,998 Posts
How much do you know about this?
So let's see... you're already thinking about lowering CR.... why? How much boost are you wanting to feed it?
How are you going to deliver the extra fuel?
Are you going to run some piggy back or full stand alone system? Or custom tune?
You going single or twins or what?

·
Registered
06 V8
117 Posts
The 4.2 is an un-sleeved Alusil block. They are very tricky to hone without destroying the thin silicon crystal lining on the bores. If boring is required, you pretty much have to sleeve the block, but the lack of space between the bores makes this difficult as well. Turbo or supercharging these blocks has been done, but the cost doesn't justify the outcome.

You can read up on the block and reconditioning here:
Audi 's Alusil 4.2 Engine Rebuild Resources part 1

AMTuned and JHM Motorsports are who I would reach out to for more information on building these blocks, but it appears that they have shifted their focus to the FSI 4.2 in the S/RS models

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
2,998 Posts
Based on what he said, he "intends" on using the pistons and rods straight out of the other engine since they share the same bore but have a different stroke ..... but there's a lot more to this parts swap, so I'll wait to hear the plan.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts