Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... Is it worth pursuing TSB's for the used touareg? From what I've read, if it's out of warranty (which I'm almost certain it is), than there's probably no point...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
So.... Is it worth pursuing TSB's for the used touareg? From what I've read, if it's out of warranty (which I'm almost certain it is), than there's probably no point...

What do you mean by "pursuing TSB's" The TSB's are put out by the manufacture on specific issues that have become common to a specific model. The TSB is the fix or repair the manufacture has documented as being the proper way to correct the issue. TSB"s are not recalls. Not every model the TSB is for has the problem.

Bob

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Call in to your local dealer as per my response on www.mytreg.com

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by "pursuing TSB's" The TSB's are put out by the manufacture on specific issues that have become common to a specific model. The TSB is the fix or repair the manufacture has documented as being the proper way to correct the issue. TSB"s are not recalls. Not every model the TSB is for has the problem.

Bob
Some people on here and other sites seem to think that it would be beneficial to look into TSB's, in regards to getting free repairs.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
They will be able to tell you if your recalls have been done and, as previously advised, get them to run off your car's build sheets - several pages of useful information.

Don't confuse TSBs with factory recalls though the latter may well have a TSB to tell the technicians how to do the recall fix.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They will be able to tell you if your recalls have been done and, as previously advised, get them to run off your car's build sheets - several pages of useful information.

Don't confuse TSBs with factory recalls though the latter may well have a TSB to tell the technicians how to do the recall fix.
I'll call today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts