Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I just ordered H&R sport springs and I haven't found any info of what needs to be changed with them.

On the Tiguan and Passat I had to change the spring ring bearing and stretch bolts on the fronts when I changed springs. Do I need to do the same on the Treg?

Also with the Salvador rims what size spacers align the rim flush? I was guessing 10-15mm but if anyone has done it I might as well listen to experience.

Thank you in advance,

Troy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went and took pictures but decided to do more research before I put them on.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know what standard the wheels of a 16 Treg TDI LUX should be aligned with AFTER the H&R lowering springs are installed?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Everyone has an opinion if hardware should be reused but when i replaced my front shocks I reused everything on our 11 VR6 with 136K.

If you are doing install yourself I would like to know how getting the back shocks out/in go for you, I have to do them still on our Touareg. Fronts went well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everyone has an opinion if hardware should be reused but when i replaced my front shocks I reused everything on our 11 VR6 with 136K.

If you are doing install yourself I would like to know how getting the back shocks out/in go for you, I have to do them still on our Touareg. Fronts went well.
I ended up having my mechanic install them. I think that was a wise use of $500 since it should have been a one time go.

Now the upkeep and little things I can do myself.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great detailed pictures of your touareg Troy. Also I live the Passat wagon. Nice fleet.
I sold the Passat wagon when replacement rear axles couldn't be purchased and I had to have mine remade. That was the sign to let it go.

I don't have a 3 car garage for a project car and my cars are all daily drivers.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh wow.. yea those are pretty rare so I would say it’s gonna get harder to source parts. I am sure someone was happy to get it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh wow.. yea those are pretty rare so I would say it’s gonna get harder to source parts. I am sure someone was happy to get it.
I've always wondered about getting one of those-- I remember driving a VR6 AWD one when they were new and it was GORGEOUS inside; I thought it was nicer than the Audis of the time inside-- just more classic and comfortable.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If my 09 A4 wagon had the VR6 engine in it I would never get rid of it, the VR6/4motion combination is perfect !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts