Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice. Didn't want to spend a mint on this thing. Known to fix things myself ..... but .... Transmission just downshifts while driving down the interstate at speed for no reason. Throttle death lag. AC / Heat smell like rotten feet. Rear passenger window can't be controlled except by that window controller. Airbag fault (unknown which one). Should do it for this week. Oh yeah - 2004 V6 Fair amont of options, Unhelpful dealer (1) starts with H, OUT of WRNTE.

·
Super Moderator
9,640 Posts
Need some advice. Didn't want to spend a mint on this thing. Known to fix things myself ..... but .... Transmission just downshifts while driving down the interstate at speed for no reason. Throttle death lag. AC / Heat smell like rotten feet. Rear passenger window can't be controlled except by that window controller. Airbag fault (unknown which one). Should do it for this week. Oh yeah - 2004 V6 Fair amont of options, Unhelpful dealer (1) starts with H, OUT of WRNTE.
When does this throttle death lag happen? Is it pulling out of say a parking lot that may have ramp or on a very uneven surface? Next time you notice this death lag try to remember the type of situation it occors on. I have experienced this when pulling out on uneven sufaces and you get one wheel to spin a little. That is the ESP kicking in and not allowing that wheel to spin.

Smell in the AC is something I have not experienced myself but I have been told it is during the Econ mode or something. I am not sure there is much really that can be done to that.

Airbag fault is a possible bad wire harnass that was replaced under a TSB. If this is in fact your issue, TSB should be performed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As far as the "rotten feet" smell, it may be time to replace your cabin filter. I had the same problem and taking the 10 minutes to replace the filter solved the issue. You can find multiple threads on how to DIY.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Throttle lag used to happen to me on my Jetta at around 40K miles I had my car serviced and that lag stopped, not sure what could be causing it. As far as your tranny downshifting you might want to change out the fluid. Particles build up and start causing issues.

·
Registered
783 Posts
mileage on your Treg? did you just purchase this? did it come with any warranty or as is?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Have fun with the tranny downshifting hard. The dealer may hopefully be able to fix it with an ECM upgrade... If not, they will try a new valve body, that seems to for-sure fix the problem. I had both performed on my V10 Treg, and still no fix, so they ended up replacing the whole tranny with a new one. Thank GOD it was still covered from the manufacturer warranty, my service advisor showed me the invoice that they will be billing back to VWOA, and it was in excess of $12,000 CAD, + Labour, etc... I don't mean to scare you away from your Touareg, but I think I'm quickly learning that owning this thing can be real pricey when it comes to repairs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Throttle death lag. I have experienced this with shifting the tranny into the Tiptronics mode and leaving it there while traveling uphill under load and it feels like the engine (V8) doesn't have any power, this is programming issue with the ECU and tranny. have you had the all the recalls done? they are free from the stealership. I bought my 04 and the original owner did not have any of them done and that fixed my air bag issues and slipery tranny symtoms.

as far as stinky feel smell, you probalby have water that is leaking into your cabin. your filter is probably full of mold and your drain plug is more and likely plugged which is causing the water to backup and rot.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Hmmm,what exactly to rotten feet smell like.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Throttle lag seems to happen when on an hill and stopped for minutes. Then you go to pull out into traffic and almost get T-boned because the Treg moved about 6 feet and then desided to do nothing. I drive 99% of the time in automatic. Not sure if the throttle has been reset. Plan to have it checked and any up grades done at the same time. Know anyone in the Colorado Springs area with vag and some spare time? Thanx to all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts