21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Here are the fault codes:
16485 - Mass Airflow sensor
16452 - Throttle position correlation
17819 - Secondary air injection system, Bank 2: insufficient flow
16395 - Camshaft A (intake) Retard set point not reached.

Any thoughts?
So you only replaced the MAF and hoped the other 3 systems fixed themselves? Did you delete the DTCs without fixing the other 75% of the errors? If you've lost the cam timing adjuster, that wouldn't make your engine easier to start. Nor would a failed secondary air system.

When is the last time you replaced the plugs? Coils?
Ever replace the fuel filter?
Ever run injector cleaner? What kind of milage is on the motor?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So you only replaced the MAF and hoped the other 3 systems fixed themselves? Did you delete the DTCs without fixing the other 75% of the errors? If you've lost the cam timing adjuster, that wouldn't make your engine easier to start. Nor would a failed secondary air system.

When is the last time you replaced the plugs? Coils?
Ever replace the fuel filter?
Ever run injector cleaner? What kind of milage is on the motor?

I thought maybe they were related for some reason. IDK! I did not delete any codes.

I've only had the vehicle for about 8 months. the dude before me had a bunch of receipts and it looks like the coils were replaced in 2016.
I haven't replaced a the fuel filter or tried injector cleaner.
mileage is at 115K

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Plugs are cheap.... put fresh ones in.
Scan it again to make sure you have no other pending issues.
Replacing the fuel filter can only improve things.
Injector cleaner is inexpensive.

The temp at which you can't start at isn't that low..... does it just crank or what happens?
Do you have leaky fuel lines? Does it smell like fuel when you finally do start it? Have you fulled a plug when it doesn't fire up to see if you're getting fuel? Do you have a flaky fuel pump connection and it only starts working once you crank for a few minutes and it shakes itself into making contact?

It could be so many things.... you need more troubleshooting.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Timing chain tensioner is checked using VCDS. It will tell you the stretch of the chain. Remember , if the chain is replaced, then the chain has to be coded for the software to workout the stretch of the new chain

21 - 28 of 28 Posts