Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Posting here because not sure where it belongs.

I purchased a used 2012 VW Touareg TDI about 2+ years ago with 65k miles on it. Love the thing.

When I purchased it, I noticed the dealer had it listed as a TDI Sport but when I went to see the car it had the 19" OEM rims on it and a panoramic sunroof (which i thought didn't come with sport trim). When I put the VIN into the VW dieselgate site (https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/), it spits out this reading: "2012 Touareg Utility 4D TDI Lux AWD V6 T-Diesel". When I put it in basically any other VIN checker (Carfax, etc.) it spits out "TDI Sport".

Thoughts?

I think it is indeed a Lux package but why would there be a VIN mismatch on other sites?

Cheers,
D

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
1,589 Posts
Does it have RNS850 Nav?
Or 12-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with 4-way power lumbar support and 3-position memory function for driver’s seat and side mirrors ?
If so, it's a LUX

·
Registered
2012 TDI Sport w/ Nav
10 Posts
My 2012 TDI Sport (+ Nav) pulls up as a lux. The dealer I bought it from actually had it advertised as a lux. So definitely possibly. I have the original window sticker, and VW says it’s a sport with nav (plus it has the 18s, no sunroof, etc)

side note: it probably means sport as in sport utility. When manual searching trims it’s normal “TDI SPORT SPORT” or “TDI SPORT LUX”

Sunroof automatically makes it not a sport trim level.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing again. Yes, since I have the pano sunroof and heated seats and 12 seat with memory and rear seat release, its definitely a Lux. I love it because I knew the dealer had it wrong and thought they had a different trim level. Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts