Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

We recently arrived in Germany (our second time here) and brought our 2011 VR6 Touareg with us from the states.
Besides getting the navi updated are there any other things I need to consider doing to our Treg for Europe?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just picked up our Treg from the shippers. Started hitting the backroads and Autobahn, what a blast!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Havent changed anything out yet, Im military, so my wife has been enjoying the Treg in the snow. I plan on taking in down for service at the local dealer in a couple of weeks and will let you know what I find out about the differences.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lhughes,

We have the RNS 850. So far, no luck being able to get the maps updated for northern Europe. Im still working on it.
Its a great ride on the Autobahn!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Enjoy your posting. I spent some time at the air base, they wouldn't let us fly missile segment out of Weisbaden or Frankfort. I still miss the food and drink. The skiing wasn't bad either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lhughes,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, we have the RNS 850, no map updates for that one yet. Talking to the VW guys here, its a North America only product. I havent found anything to validate that claim. But, I got it from more than one VW shop.
I havent given up on it though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi,

a local vw-dealer must be able to help you. The RNS 850 has all maps world-wide "onboard". It's just a little coding with a vcds to change the maps from Northern America to Europe.

Greetz
Zed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zed,

That's what I thought too. You would think that it would be as easy as uploading a map DVD or SD card. I checked with Audi as well, no luck. Funny, cause I updated my garmin with a 50 dollar SD card

·
Registered
15 Posts
there is no legal way to update the maps for the rns 850 doing it by yourself. the rns is equivalent to the Audi MMI 3G.

You must buy a sd-card with the new materiel for about 230 Euros and bring the t to your dealer. he also has to buy an sd-card called "activation-pack". after the update there must be an online-activation / authorisation with the dealers sd-card and volkswagen ...

the new plan against map-piraqcy ...

the actual maps in germany are over 2 years old ! last week i used the highway Frankfurt -> Eisenach called "A4". In january 2010 (!) they opened a 25 km long new track - it is not shown in my car, manufactured in June 2011 :(

CU
Zed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ouch. Garmin plus European update, less than 250 dollars. That'll work until we get back to the states. Besides, what else am I going to use that little cubby on the dash for?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts