Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Maybe, if i was doing a lot of off-road. Maybe it's an after market part. I know my manual talks about this.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
There is or was a silver one within a mile of my house in SW Portland for the longest time, I use to waive to him and give him a thumbs up whenever I would see his Treg...now I am pretty sure he thinks I am crazy...doesn't know what he is driving. Anyways, I can't see the ad (the link isn't working for me), if it is silver I wonder if he sold it...I haven't seen it in a while.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Link not working...?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Thank you.

That's either a factory fitted option or someone has used OEM parts later.

Looking at the build codes label on the steel floor of the trunk [left side viewed from the rear] would confirm the factory option.

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
Someone went to a lot of trouble to do that. We did not get the option here in NA. They just sourced all the parts and converted it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Odd we don't have the option but it's mentioned in the manual. Still, a full spare would be nice, use the extra trunk space for a second fuel tank :)

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
Odd we don't have the option but it's mentioned in the manual. Still, a full spare would be nice, use the extra trunk space for a second fuel tank :)
There are a lot of options discussed in the manual we never got here. They didn't do different manuals for different regions aside from language. I noticed this in the manuals for my 04 and 10.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Would almost be worth buying and swapping out rear ends and reselling. Ha ha!!

But then the reality of swinging out the tire carrier EVERY time I wanted into the tailgate would get old REALLY fast.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
This is one reason i'm glad i didn't get a 2010. Having the ability to open the rear glass is great.
You mean a 2011. My 2010 glass opens.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
864 Posts
Would almost be worth buying and swapping out rear ends and reselling. Ha ha!!

But then the reality of swinging out the tire carrier EVERY time I wanted into the tailgate would get old REALLY fast.
So true...I had a 90's S10 Chevy BLAZER and it had the same setup. A pain to open the hatch with the tire carrier but the full size spare would have been in the open cargo area otherwise.

For the Touareg I don't see a real need for this unless heavy off road use...considering a lot of new cars don't even have spares anymore there seems like this is a solution to a problem most of us won't have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts