Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 11yrs driving 3 separate Tregs its time for a change. Anybody have any opinions/insights to share on Merc GLC 220 or 250 diesel?

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
989 Posts
Why do you want/need to downsize? The GLE is in the same market sector as Touareg.

·
Registered
254 Posts
GLE 4 cyl. diesel is very noisy compared to the Touareg TDI. Lackluster performance. Interior is nice but to many options drive the price up. I test drove one and wasen't impressed.

·
Registered
399 Posts
GLE 4 cyl. diesel is very noisy compared to the Touareg TDI. Lackluster performance. Interior is nice but to many options drive the price up. I test drove one and wasen't impressed.
Ditto here. You might want to consider a BMW X5d if you want to stick with a Diesel engine. I would highly recommend a Q7 TDI but those aren't for sale right now because of a little issue.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Merc G-wagon 2 door ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All again, just gatecrashing the forum after an absence of a year. Been driving a Mercedes GLC 250d since trading my 3rd Treg. GLC is a pleasure to drive 500nm torque and smaller and lighter than Treg so loads of 'GO' and 9speed box is silky smooth .

I do miss the bulk of the Treg and the ride that gave!

Great to see some of the same 'faces' here giving the same old good advice!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Q7 TDI to big.
Oddly enough, for those who need a 3rd row, it's still a tad too small...

If I didn't need a 3rd row, I'd never leave the the ideal wheel base of a Touareg.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
989 Posts
Oddly enough, for those who need a 3rd row, it's still a tad too small...

If I didn't need a 3rd row, I'd never leave the the ideal wheel base of a Touareg.
It's a European 7-seater, which are a size down from North American 7-seater - it's to do with size of people.

Europeans get a 7-seat version of Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and Opel/ Vauxhall Antara (aks Cheverolet Captiva Sport).

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
It's a European 7-seater, which are a size down from North American 7-seater - it's to do with size of people.

Europeans get a 7-seat version of Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and Opel/ Vauxhall Antara (aks Cheverolet Captiva Sport).
Might explain the popularity of the GL, in these parts, in comparison to the Q7...

It was built with NA in mind. The GLs 3rd row is actually bearable for an adult. And offers more cargo room with the 3rd row stowed.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I love the new Q7...but if it was between the GLC and Touareg I would probably go with a Touareg again. But thats just me.
The GLC is the small one
The GLE would be the Touareg competitor. The GLS (GL350 prior to this year) is the Q7 TDI competitor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts