Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting in my Treg at the hospital, waiting for my wife, bored witless and start looking around at the drivers interior. The first thing that gets me more badly than it should, is the speedo. It drives me bonkus! 20, 40, 60, 100? WTF? The other side goes up in increments of 40 except for the last one, which is 50! What ever that designer was on sure had side effects. Then I look at the centre console. It's not in the centre! It has been jigged an inch or so towards the driver?? Has anyone else ot there noted another Treg quirk?

Registered
2017 (MY2018) V6 TDI - Deep Black Pearlescent
Hope the wife is OK!
I see your point, OCD is a real thing.
I was wondering myself at the randomness of the rain spots in the windscreen 馃榾

I was checking out the glovebox cooler, then realised it was colder outside

Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
So I'm sitting in my Treg at the hospital, waiting for my wife, bored witless and start looking around at the drivers interior. The first thing that gets me more badly than it should, is the speedo. It drives me bonkus! 20, 40, 60, 100? WTF? The other side goes up in increments of 40 except for the last one, which is 50! What ever that designer was on sure had side effects. Then I look at the centre console. It's not in the centre! It has been jigged an inch or so towards the driver?? Has anyone else ot there noted another Treg quirk?
What year Treg do you have where the speedo increments are so outta whack? Got a picture of it?

One of the things that tweaks my OCD with my Treg is the felt at the bottom of the door card pockets. It always moves around. I'm seriously thinking of buying some thin rubber material and cutting new ones out of it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What year Treg do you have where the speedo increments are so outta whack? Got a picture of it?

One of the things that tweaks my OCD with my Treg is the felt at the bottom of the door card pockets. It always moves around. I'm seriously thinking of buying some thin rubber material and cutting new ones out of it.
It's an MY14, purchased in 2013. I'll try and get a photo up.
Are you sure about the inch?

I think it's 25 mm . . .
That missing 0.4 mm does get to you.

Registered
Noticed the increments change but I rarely drive with the speedo using the right side of the dial so ...meh!
It's almost as if there are different models for countries such that the nominal state limit is at the top.
(photo not from my car) This one is somewhat balanced

My 2018 (P7)

Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
Noticed the increments change but I rarely drive with the speedo using the right side of the dial so ...meh!
It's almost as if there are different models for countries such that the nominal state limit is at the top.
View attachment 245697

My 2018 (P7)
View attachment 245698
I had to double check mine and it looks just like the one in the first picture you posted up, and like you I rarely use it. I use the digital readout in the MFD.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
View attachment 245697

My 2018 (P7)
View attachment 245698
Yep! Mine looks like the bottom pic. I too usually use the large digital readout as well, but it's not the point.

Registered
Ahh the digital read out.... Love it and hate it.
I get into trouble if the wife cannot speed check me via the digital read out :rolleyes: (because I am probably pushing the envelope)

Registered
I get into trouble if the wife cannot speed check me via the digital read out :rolleyes: (because I am probably pushing the envelope)
I'll tell you what you need is a dashcam like I have. MIVUE790.
Mounted next the the rear vision mirror on the passenger's side. Not only does it give the actual speed you are doing but it provides camera warnings (speed, red light etc) so you can always be monitored.
Comes in handy so the co-driver does not have to look across to see this sort of information, frees them up for the clip across the ears or raised voice to correct your attitude.

Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
I'll tell you what you need is a dashcam like I have. MIVUE790.
Mounted next the the rear vision mirror on the passenger's side. Not only does it give the actual speed you are doing but it provides camera warnings (speed, red light etc) so you can always be monitored.
Comes in handy so the co-driver does not have to look across to see this sort of information, frees them up for the clip across the ears or raised voice to correct your attitude.
A bit too expensive for a dashcam. lots of other less expensive choices.

Registered
White 2011 Tdi 4,2L V8
I trust your wife is OK?

Registered
I guess that you mean a large digital speed readout where the VW sign is between the two analogue dials?

Reactions: antonroland
1 - 16 of 16 Posts