Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
I am leaning towards the Gloucester Tops caravan park. No cabins there. Thought there were. Normal C park otherwise set on a mountain river. F Book listing only Gloucester Tops Riverside Caravan Park.

Those whom are more adventurous can do the Barrington Trail or Mountain Road. Takes you over to Scone if you want to down a round trip if it is open. Would take a good day. Those not can simply go up and back the Gloucester Tops Trail which is basically gravel.

i will go up and stay a night sometime in the next month or so and make sure it is a good option.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wow. That place sounds lovely:

https://caravanparkphotos.com.au/gloucester_tops/index.htm

But we're committed to a trip to Victoria and then WA, NT and SA next year.

I reckon that the waterfalls will be pumping if you can get to them.

I'll keep this place in mind for another trip sometime or pass through. :giggle:

·
Registered
2013 TDI 4XMotion with Air
36 Posts
I am leaning towards the Gloucester Tops caravan park. No cabins there. Thought there were. Normal C park otherwise set on a mountain river. F Book listing only Gloucester Tops Riverside Caravan Park.

Those whom are more adventurous can do the Barrington Trail or Mountain Road. Takes you over to Scone if you want to down a round trip if it is open. Would take a good day. Those not can simply go up and back the Gloucester Tops Trail which is basically gravel.

i will go up and stay a night sometime in the next month or so and make sure it is a good option.
Let me know if you would like company when you check it out. I have a few things coming up but if I am free I am always up for a day or two away in the camper.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
@

Thank you . Will keep thst in mind
Snooksie Is the dates of Friday the 25th and 26th of November ok to meet at Gloucester,Tops Caravan Park.
Can make it latish round 5.30 on the Friday, then do a bit of an explore on the Saturday!
Unfortunately the road from Gloucester to Scone over Barrington Tops is still closed from mud slides but there is areas like Ladies Well etc to have a look at plus up Gloucester Tops Road itself.

·
Registered
2013 TDI 4XMotion with Air
36 Posts
Snooksie Is the dates of Friday the 25th and 26th of November ok to meet at Gloucester,Tops Caravan Park.
Can make it latish round 5.30 on the Friday, then do a bit of an explore on the Saturday!
Unfortunately the road from Gloucester to Scone over Barrington Tops is still closed from mud slides but there is areas like Ladies Well etc to have a look at plus up Gloucester Tops Road itself.
Sorry but I am away camping from 18/11 to 2/12

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
So, did go up to Gloucester Tops and spent 2 nights in the caravan park. Nice park. So I am thinking of mid to late March for say 2 to 3 nights with those who can only come over one night still invited. Will reserve sites for older members and those with families.

Caravan

There is a secondi option up the road in the National Park which is an even prettier site.

So will take an informal vote on which one.

Advantages of the C Park: It has, toilets showers and laundry. Has some pwered sites. Coukd take up to 80 or 90 campsites including vans and trailers.
Disadvantages of C Park: these facilities are about 150 metres from the nearest large camp area and BBQ areas are basically non existent. Other disadvantages is that you are amongst some permanent cabins.

Advantages of the National Park Camp Ground: Stunning spot amongst trees. Has toilets with fair access with good set up for covered cooking areas and tables. My estimate is it can take over 20 campsites in and around including trailers and caravans.
Disadvantages of Nat Park Campsite: No showers or laundry.

So if you could vote which site and nominate a long weekend or so in mid to late March.

PS Mozzies were not terrible but will need loose long clothes!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts