Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well…reckon it would be next year. Takes a while regards momentum ..Will see how much interest.
Will throw out some ideas. Please contribute.
  • Flinders Ranges..with extension to Oodnadatta for those interested.
  • Snowy Mts over Autumn..read with no snow!
  • Wander up the the Great Divide finding as much gravel road as possible with short get togethers at various sites for those who can’t come for the week.

Sort of like the idea of an extended trip say 5 to 7 days but with sites and places others can join if they cant do the the whole trip. Maybe even mini Treg Musters getting to the main one. Eg: those from Queensland coming via Great Divide to join say the main one in the Snowy!
I am based in Sydney.

·
Registered
2007 Touareg tdi, air suspension, etc
86 Posts
Always interested. Maybe time for a poll to flesh out the preferred options. I've given up swags so any trip is a trailer or a motel, depends on whether you're looking at some dirt / off roading or putting the feet up by the banks of a river somewhere (that isn't in flood). Some are time poor and others have a credit so going to be hard to please everyone. You do have the option of a treffen where everyone could meet up at a central location while making their way in like minded convoys by their preferred manners. Max inclusions where someone towing a van isn't going to be excluded from meeting up because they are not off road ready while the better outfitted can still rock hop by their preferred route. FYC.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yep I agree. Like cabins myself. I figure I can sleep in the average caravan park cabin for 400 or so nights for the cost of a van. Sort of thinking Invergordon near Barrington as a possible first stop..Stop for two days..some can do trails, some can just socialize..then ,pardon the pun, the Caravan moves on maybe to New Engalnd National Park via Macleay River road Kempsey to Armidale road. Same again..Couple of days..Exploring or socializing in trout farm on tje River Styx…
Just dreaming!

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,366 Posts
Let's go!
We should do at least a day, overnight trip around Sydney this year

Reactions: bruceallen

·
Learner
6,366 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yep I agree. Like cabins myself. I figure I can sleep in the average caravan park cabin for 400 or so nights for the cost of a van. Sort of thinking Invergordon near Barrington as a possible first stop..Stop for two days..some can do trails, some can just socialize..then ,pardon the pun, the Caravan moves on maybe to New Engalnd National Park via Macleay River road Kempsey to Armidale road. Same again..Couple of days..Exploring or socializing in trout farm on tje River Styx…
Just dreaming!
Or like us you could buy the van AND spend 400+ nights in it to get ya money's worth!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So..No more suggestions of where or when. Still reckon next year may be autumn. It will be accessible by well maintained tar or dirt road with some off road for those who want to.
Just to frame some questions
Where yall from? So we can post a Treg site not to arduous to get to!
School holidays or non school holidays re kids?
Remote site with vans, trailers or remotish caravan park with better facilities? I am set up to comfortably camp off road..but happy to get in to cabin.

Please post any otjer considerations or destination suggestions…So far round Sydney Upper Hunter area re Singh, Dragline and myself.

·
Learner
6,366 Posts
Based in Sydney, happy to Meetup anywhere, on and off-road, easy and challenging... Don't have a van so somewhere comfortable to spend the night would be great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm from Sydney. Don't have a van either. Not too fussed about accommodation. We've got 3 kids, so if it's not gonna be in school holidays, we'll just join for a weekend.
Looking forward to some offroad action.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts