Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the white paint code.

Having done more Googling I believe it's just the NXN which is an Aisin AL1000 NXN.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Aisin box in every auto Touareg since launch.

Have you looked at the fluid change threads on here?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep thanks. Probably get my local VW Independent to do it .. looks a bit tricky without a hoist to raise it up and keep it level.

They seemed to only want to change the AT fluid though, not the filter ??? ,,,.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep thanks. Probably get my local VW Independent to do it .. looks a bit tricky without a hoist to raise it up and keep it level.

They seemed to only want to change the AT fluid though, not the filter ??? ,,,.

HI there, I had the fluid changed on my 14 TDI just yesterday. The dealer informed me there are 2 types of transmission service - minor or major. Minor (what I did) is simply drain the fluid and put in fresh. Major is to drop the pan, clean the screen (no filter as it is explained to me) and refill with fresh fluid. $316 for minor - $650 for the major. Since I have only 55K miles - I opted for the minor this time.

I went prepared to do battle about getting it done. I have been down this road before with BMW - they kept telling me No - its a lifetime fluid - It is bad to change it. What they don't tell you is they consider the lifetime 100K miles. Anyway, the VW dealer asked me why I wanted it changed - was there a problem that I was trying to address. I explained that I think the "lifetime fluid" is...well, I don't believe it. They said ok, they understood and did it. It was also interesting that they clearly indicated that they not irregularly perform this maintain on Tregs - despite the fact it is not in the maintenance schedule.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts