Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Touareg 7P 3.0 TDI 2010 240HP
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I want to know if it is needed to change the oil by draining it out , having the new oil clean the transmission by flushing it in and out with a pump and when its totally clean fill it with the totally new oil again . Or just drain it and fill it with the new oil ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would say most people lean towards the drain and fill procedure. This involves draining all oil out of the transmission oil pan, cleaning the pan and magnets, and replacing the gasket and filter. It is not a total flush, but will clean out lots of the gunk in the system.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Drain & fill with new oil. I did mine at 60k & replaced the filter & gasket. Then did another drain & fill after a few miles which removes around 80% of the old fluid.

I don't have the inclination or facilities to flush it & didn't want to remove pipes to the cooler with oil going into buckets with the engine running!!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Drain, clean and fill.

Get the car nice and hot before you remove the plate so you get a good drain.

If possible leave it for at least a couple of hours or overnight.

·
Registered
09 TDi
534 Posts
Drain & fill with new oil. I did mine at 60k & replaced the filter & gasket. Then did another drain & fill after a few miles which removes around 80% of the old fluid.

I don't have the inclination or facilities to flush it & didn't want to remove pipes to the cooler with oil going into buckets with the engine running!!
not to mention the Australian Vampire Spiders that fall in to the bucket and eat your valve body

1 - 5 of 5 Posts