Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think Ima bite the bullet and buy new headlights, since my reflectors suck ass, and my headlights aren't the clearest. Now From what I'm reading I will need to transfer the ballast. How would one do that? Is it something that I could do or do I have to take it to a shop to do so?

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,456 Posts
Can you change out the ballast from a standard fluorescent light fixture? If you can do one, you can do the other.

On the car scale, it it a little bit more then just swapping spark plugs. If you could set points and do a tuneup on a classic 60's muscle car, you have got this.

Hmmm... More modern... If you can put in an aftermarket radio, amp, speakers, and the canbus controllers to integrate it into a modern car, you have got this.

It is not hard, but you have to be able to not touch the bulbs, not manhandle the ballast, and not to damage the wiring.

www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Volkswagen_Touareg/10-ELEC-HID_Ballast_Replacement/10-ELEC-HID_Ballast_Replacement.htm

www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Volkswagen_Touareg/09-ELEC-Headlight_Bulb_and_Assembly_Replacement/09-ELEC-Headlight_Bulb_and_Assembly_Replacement.htm

·
Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you change out the ballast from a standard fluorescent light fixture? If you can do one, you can do the other.

On the car scale, it it a little bit more then just swapping spark plugs. If you could set points and do a tuneup on a classic 60's muscle car, you have got this.

Hmmm... More modern... If you can put in an aftermarket radio, amp, speakers, and the canbus controllers to integrate it into a modern car, you have got this.

It is not hard, but you have to be able to not touch the bulbs, not manhandle the ballast, and not to damage the wiring.

www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Volkswagen_Touareg/10-ELEC-HID_Ballast_Replacement/10-ELEC-HID_Ballast_Replacement.htm

www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Volkswagen_Touareg/09-ELEC-Headlight_Bulb_and_Assembly_Replacement/09-ELEC-Headlight_Bulb_and_Assembly_Replacement.htm
That's all the info I need! Thanks so much. I think I mine as well attempt it HAHA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.