Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My first post, I have to ask for help...:(
I replaced the chain(new) in my transfer case and the transfer case motor (with a used one off EBay). Put everything back together, now my motor is working fine, I can hear it, no error codes on the VAG-COM, no nothing. However, it won't unlock the transfer case. The TC is stuck locked. The wheels are locking, skipping, etc when I take turns. What could have I done wrong when I put the TC together. I DID take all the gears out, synchronizers, etc, to look at them for any sign of damage, but pretty sure I put them back together properly...One more thing, I might've overfilled it a little, I didn't go by 850 ml, my friend said to fill it until it starts spilling out, and that's the level, and by that method I think it was about .9 ml...Please advise...Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance guys for taking the time to respond...I'm kinda stuck. Don't wanna drop the TC again...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...tomorrow I will take the motor out, and try to disengage it manually. I guess if that works, it's most likely the motor. if not, i'll have to take the TC apart again...:(((

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did take the motor out and concluded there’s something messed up in the transfer case. Unfortunately I have to drop it and take it apart again Friday...Ugh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts