Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Where the drive shaft meets the transfer case output flange.

I'm trying to order parts to repair my transfer case. The nut came off, causing damage and my flange needs to be replaced. Trying to figure out if my drive shaft is damaged as well. When ordering the flange, it has a pressed baring that mine is currently missing. It apprears there is another part I'm missing between the baring on the flange and the drive shaft. Anyone know what this is and if I have to order the entire drive shaft to repair?

* trying to post photos... haven't figured out how yet.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I don't think you can until you reach 10 posts.

Just do 5 more posts on this thread - doesn't matter what you say, we'll know what you are trying to do but you will have to wait a minute or two between each post.

Then, on post 11, click on the Go Advanced box, scroll down and you will see you can upload your photos by clicking on Manage Attachments.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If so, that is the transfer case removed and looking into my drive shaft. Does it appear I'm missing something to my drive shaft? Or do I only need the flange, seal, nut, and o ring to repair?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Couldn't get one photo to upload.

1. Is my car looking into the drive shaft

2. Is the piece I think it might be missing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone know?

Still looking for an answer. I'd really like to order all parts that are needed today but am unsure if I'm missing something. There is no dealership or licensed vw services provided on my island and the dealership parts department isn't much help. They only know what they can see in a catalog. I tried to upload what they see on their end but it won't allow me.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Photos in post above.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Photos in post above.

That is the front end of the rear drive shaft.
The hole you are looking at is the spigot that fits onto the little shaft at the rear of the transfercase/gearbox.
All is as it should be in the photo nothing missing.??
I presume you still have the coupling rubber still attached to the transfercase/gearbox?

regards
Drag

1 - 20 of 28 Posts