Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 04 Touareg V10 TDI

I have issues where it sounds like the transfer box is skipping teeth under acceleration. Ive seen alot of forums talk about replacing the stepper motor from rev A to Rev C however mine has a revision B, but i know mine is more an issues.

How do i identify its model, as it looks like the barcode sticker may of come off at the rear top? not sure if to get a replacement or look at a repair as transmission places seem to list alot of the internal parts for similar model these. Im sure the V6 & V8 ones are different?

Ive just forked out for a new front diff which wasnt exactly the problem to start with, but from what came out of the oil it was worn.

And how do i identify my engine and gearbox type. ive seen reference to AYH, HAQ etc but again my plates dont refer to any of that, says transmission is G09 etc?

Michael.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Hi,

I have a 04 Touareg V10 TDI

I have issues where it sounds like the transfer box is skipping teeth under acceleration. Ive seen alot of forums talk about replacing the stepper motor from rev A to Rev C however mine has a revision B, but i know mine is more an issues.

How do i identify its model, as it looks like the barcode sticker may of come off at the rear top? not sure if to get a replacement or look at a repair as transmission places seem to list alot of the internal parts for similar model these. Im sure the V6 & V8 ones are different?

Ive just forked out for a new front diff which wasnt exactly the problem to start with, but from what came out of the oil it was worn.

And how do i identify my engine and gearbox type. ive seen reference to AYH, HAQ etc but again my plates dont refer to any of that, says transmission is G09 etc?

Michael.

PM sent

Regards
drag

1 - 2 of 2 Posts