Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
The lights on my boat trailer wont work behind the Treg.
So I hooked up the Nissan Navara to the boat to see if it was vehicle or trailer ... trailer lights work fine.
Hmmm .. Treg issue.
So I tested the Treg on my box trailer ... no drama's. Lights work fine. Hmmm.
Any ideas ?
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE ... a bit more research and I found the issue. LED lights are an issue for a standard Touareg (or course). And of course, the boat trailer has LED lights where the box trailer doesn't.

So now I know the issue ... I'll start working on the solution (the magic module apparently).

Any info/assistance offered whilst I do the research is always appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
111 Posts
Steve
The magic boxes fix it easily
I actually have 2 genuine ones that I don't need anymore
They were for my 2010 & 2012 which were mounted on the trailer and caravan , but rhe 2015 does not need them
Shame you are in Brissy as I am in Melbourne

Fred K

·
Registered
111 Posts
PM sent
Fred

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Fred

You're right ... no PM's allowed.

Was going to ask you if you wanted to offload one of your excess LED modules and post to Brisbane ?

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
111 Posts
Steve

Pm resent

Fred

·
Registered
827 Posts
I remember this issue being discussed before and there is a plug from 4 pole to 7 pole that corrects the led situation on Tregs. It's the low resistance LEDs have that throws things off

·
Registered
531 Posts
I remember this issue being discussed before and there is a plug from 4 pole to 7 pole that corrects the led situation on Tregs. It's the low resistance LEDs have that throws things off
smclaren I recently bought a 7 way to 5way & 4way trailer adapter for VW, Audi & Porsche towing trailers With LED lights from Etrailers.com TR201421 $13.99 US works great! Happy towing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts