Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updated the maps/software to the latest VW have on the website Default Title
As a result the traffic reports are back! I lost this in the last update. Great to see TMC working again, highlights all the reports, areas on the VC and main display.
Reports are of course through Suna and load up pretty quick.

The update took one full hour btw, so hook up a charger rather than generating emissions..

Map World Sky Font Gps navigation device

Map World Font Technology Screenshot

Sky Map Ecoregion World Font

Map Gps navigation device World Automotive navigation system Font

Reactions: Jaded62

·
Learner
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Premium if you have that ie the bigger centre screen and virtual cockpit rather than the dials behind the wheel

·
Learner
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Learner
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More in 3D with the latest maps...

World Urban design Font Map Science

Audio equipment Electronic engineering Font Urban design Gadget

·
Registered
43 Posts
I successfully updated the maps on Saturday. It was very quick.

I don't now how to turn on the traffic function. I looked up SUMA but it did not give me any hints on how it works with VW or the Touareg. I wonder if it is not available in my model. I notice the TMC has a red line through it. I can get good/accurate traffic info through Car Play and Google Maps or Waze.

·
Registered
2019, Launch Edition
33 Posts
Hi Guys, d/l the july update, no matter how I try, doesn`t get past updating software 0%. I`ve tried NTFS, exfat, sd card, usb stick. There is always the system information folder on any stick, plus meta and data. deleted sys info on stick, no diff. When I insert sd card says searching for update, then says, found update, then switches to updating software 0%, and stays there. Have d/l several times, unzipped several different ways. no joy
It seems to me it knows there is an update but can`t find the executable file to actually start the process.
the update before worked. but not this one.
Did a factory reset of navigation software, no difference.
I am technical, and have been in electronics all my working life, but its got me flummoxed??. I downloaded P0573_MIB2P_RW . I assume that is the correct one.
Any suggestions appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
2019 CR launch edition. Factory towbar
297 Posts
Hi Guys, d/l the july update, no matter how I try, doesn`t get past updating software 0%. I`ve tried NTFS, exfat, sd card, usb stick. There is always the system information folder on any stick, plus meta and data. deleted sys info on stick, no diff. When I insert sd card says searching for update, then says, found update, then switches to updating software 0%, and stays there. Have d/l several times, unzipped several different ways. no joy
It seems to me it knows there is an update but can`t find the executable file to actually start the process.
I am technical, and have been in electronics all my working life, but its got me flummoxed??. I downloaded P0573_MIB2P_RW . I assume that is the correct one.
I had the same experience. Is at the dealer today to have updated navigation!

·
Learner
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you screenshot the explorer view of the SD card contents, from root to what the folders have.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,899 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
ditto mate ^^^^^
It's doing my head in

·
Registered
726 Posts
can you let us know how you go:sneaky:
@Imor2624 Please do.............. as Singh & I have deduced that units with Device part number: 760035067 are problematic, where his unit being 760035067B accepted the update 100%.

Not sure if this is the issue just noticed this pattern.

·
Registered
297 Posts
can you let us know how you go:sneaky:
Well it was interesting. They advised that their copy of the navigation had been used on two Touaregs prior to mine but would not load on mine and there is some issue which needs to be resolved in my car. It will go in again next week for the change.
on a different note I have always felt that my matrix high beam did not work properly. It was looked at twice by one dealer and once by another. I had the service manager take my car home in the evening and he confirmed there was an issue. They advise that when the original genuine towbar was fitted when the car was new the lights were not calibrated as was necessary. They are calibrating them and I hope that will resolve the issue. Frustratin.

·
Learner
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Calibration of lights during towbar install? I don't know that had to be done, but of course all the modules have to be coded properly, and this has been the disappointment for most owners

·
Registered
297 Posts
Calibration of lights during towbar install? I don't know that had to be done, but of course all the modules have to be coded properly, and this has been the disappointment for most owners
Like you I found it hard to understand the correlation of towing and matrix lighting. Had the vehicle not been self levelling I may have understood. To be honest I don’t care I just want it to work!

·
Learner
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Like you I found it hard to understand the correlation of towing and matrix lighting. Had the vehicle not been self levelling I may have understood. To be honest I don’t care I just want it to work!
When you say your matrix lights aren't properly functioning, what exact isn't or is happening?

1 - 20 of 126 Posts