Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So looking to go from my 2013 Lux (14k miles) to a 2016 Lux...got a great deal on the price (at least I think its a great deal at 47k)

But dealer wants to kill me on the trade in... 25k(horrible I think...)

Whats a fair tard ein value from anyone taht has done a trade in recently?

Might actually take a look at carmax over the weekend...

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
984 Posts
"Cost to change" is the only figure that matters - get that as low as possible and you've got the best deal.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
x2

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
Carmax is only going to give you wholesale cost. They are not concerned with retail price at all. I think you would do worse with them imo. I sold my 04 to them and would never do that again. I could have done better selling it out right.

·
Registered
734 Posts
So looking to go from my 2013 Lux (14k miles) to a 2016 Lux...got a great deal on the price (at least I think its a great deal at 47k)

But dealer wants to kill me on the trade in... 25k(horrible I think...)

Whats a fair tard ein value from anyone taht has done a trade in recently?

Might actually take a look at carmax over the weekend...
You will always get killed on a trade in. And if your car is a TDI, pricing is depressed further (or at least the dealer will tell you this).

What's motivating you to trade up? You're on the worst part of the depreciation curve right now. That new car smell will cost you about $25,000.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
I agree with the others. work on the spread. If that means they give you $1500 bucks for yours and sell you a new one for 12000 that's fine. The numbers themselves are irrelevant.

Decide how much you want to spend to trade up (ie: 10K? 15K? etc) and go in with that number.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Only 14K miles?? That's super low for a 3-year-old car. I would absolutely keep it for at least another year, because at the rate you're driving it you won't need to do major service for another year or two, and maybe your existing tires will last another year (they should, at the rate you're using them). The differences between the 2013 Lux and the 2016 Lux are not material enough to justify getting hit with the pretty big delta on the trade-in. You're basically still in a new car. My two cents.

Reactions: lml999

·
Registered
293 Posts
Take your Touareg to an auto detailer, spend maybe $200 and you'll feel like you're driving a new one. (Assuming you don't enjoy cleaning it yourself)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I am going to follow the advice and just get a very nice detailing. Dealer called lat night and this is wha they offered on a lease yes buy....just wanted to get some thoughts. Offer below...I owe 13k on the Touareg

Lease
same selling price($47K) and same amount for your trade(25k)
36 month lease payment- $359.24 X 36 months for a total of $12,932.64 (this payment is with no money out of your pocket, keep the 5000 dollars.
The leftover residual would be $26,642.40
This leaves a combined total paid for the car at $39,575.04
When you finance the Residual amount of $26,642.40 after 3 years figure you will pay around $1,500 in interest which would bring the gran total paid for the car to $41,075.04 (give or take a couple bucks)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts