Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's pretty clear that most of the 2004's and the start of the 2005's are begining to see their TPMS sensors begin to fail. I'd like to gauge the amount of interest in terms of numbers, of those who would like to purchase a set of the OEM Beru TPMS sensors and valve stems. We are including the valve stems primarily because they are pretty inexpensive and should really be replaced with new sensors.

For you in the snowy, salty climates, you WILL have to replace the valve stems because the corrosion seems to do bad things to the stems, so much so we have had to grind some of them off to get them off the wheel. We will try to offer both the stems for the OEM wheels and a longer stem for the aftermarket wheels.

As always, the final price is undetermined until a general idea of the number of the number of sets is known, but I can assure you the price will be at least $97 or less for each of the sensors plus a little more for four stems.

Please reply to this post with your interest. I'd like to shoot for an order date of late December or early January.

Thanks all!

Nancy

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the responses. We are now able to set the price at no more than $90 for each set of sensor and valve stem. A few more commitments and we might be able to lower it a bit more. Thanks all!

Nancy

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you can still supply the sensor I would be interested in 4 for my "04.
Dealer gave me a estimate today for $285.00 each. Tax plus labour $1578.00.
Can you ship to Canada?

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know about what discount tire may have. We are persuing the OEM Beru sensors and valve stems. Perhaps the Discount tire ones are aftermarket ones being offered? Are they including the valve stems too? Great deal if they are.

Please check and report back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Nancy- Kindly add me to your list for this group purchase of Sensors/stems. I am from Canada and have recently contacted you directly via email. My 04 Touareg has 1 bad Sensor so far, and expect the others to go any day. Just a note to fellow Touareg Owners with the Volkswagen Real Driver Platinum extended warranty. TPMS Sensors are not covered. Fidelity told my VW Service Rep. that 99.9% of the time, its the battery that goes, so no coverage. My Service Rep. was surprised, as she has never experienced an extended warranty company to turn the Sensor coverage down. In fact, she has a VW Extended warranty,for her 04 Touareg, and sensors were covered! Cheers, Brian

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish to be part of the group purchase of the OEM Beru TPMS sensors & valve stems set for my '04 Touareg V10. Please alert me about the payment method.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK folks, just two more weeks until I'll be sealing the deal on our TPMS group buy packages. In each package will be:

4 - Beru RDE005 sensors
4 - RDV001 Beru 43 mm Long Valve Stem

The current price is at $360 per set (plus shipping) which is a great price for the set.

If we can get 20 total sets comitted to we can get to $350 per set (plus shipping).

These are the OEM Beru sensors and stems, NOT aftermarket junk. Dealers are getting a ridiculous amount of money for the same sensors.

If you are interested, please IM me and reply to this post so we can keep it current.

Thanks all! Happy Holidays

:clap:

Nancy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nancy,

I second Kathy's frustration with the warning chime and I would also like to be part of the group buy.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nancy,

I second Kathy's frustration with the warning chime and I would also like to be part of the group buy.
Thanks sixguns. Please send me an IM with your name, and mailing address so I can add you to the list.

Nancy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nancy,

I sent a PM as requested. Hope your family has a very Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas to all the other club members as well!!

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The last day to get in on the order is Friday, 1/1/10. PM with your name and mailing address if you want to join.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, as promised, an Private Message has been sent to all the usernames that contacted me with interest in the TPMS group buy. In that message the details of the buy are included.

The price remains at $360 plus shipping since we are still a few people short of the 20 needed to bring the price down to $350.

I'll be placing the order Monday rather than today (forgot about the holiday:writers_block:) so for you last minute folks, you can still get in.

For those that received a PM regarding the ordering and payment details, please contact me with ANY questions. [email protected]

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Nancy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just started having issues with my sensors in my 04. Still trouble-shooting with the dealer... I may be ready to buy!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
About this Discussion
85 Replies
50 Participants
johnholl
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing