Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I delete this non-sense for a 2012 T3 with Vag-com?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,540 Posts
It was simple in the previous Gens by just removing the fuse and re coding to the exact same code that was in the TPMS module when you look at it the first time. Thought process was when you restart the vehicle it looks for the system, does not detect it and it then considered off for good. Waiting for the sensors to go in my '10 so I can turn mine off too. No inspection here in UT anymore so no need to keep it going.

Reactions: alfissimo

·
Registered
705 Posts
Just check your tire pressures?

you could pull the fuse, then remove it from the can gateway installation list.

Reactions: alfissimo

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it. Disabled it. Thanks! VAG-COM Never got to this on my t2, wish I did. Hate this thing even though it's for 'safety" but I check mine all the time.

·
Registered
2017 Wolfsburg
34 Posts
Can someone share the location of said fuse on the T3? I'd love to save $224 for TPMS install and balancing of the winter set up I purchased off a former T2 owner.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Can someone share the location of said fuse on the T3? I'd love to save $224 for TPMS install and balancing of the winter set up I purchased off a former T2 owner.
What are you talking about? When you install a set of wheels without sensors, the system will deactivate as it doesn't see any sensors..... then when\if you install a set with sensors, it will re-activate and read your pressures again.

I go through this every time I switch between summer\winter setups.

·
Registered
2017 Wolfsburg
34 Posts
What are you talking about? When you install a set of wheels without sensors, the system will deactivate as it doesn't see any sensors..... then when\if you install a set with sensors, it will re-activate and read your pressures again.

I go through this every time I switch between summer\winter setups.
Really great news, thank you for the insight. T is new to me, every other VW I've owned had a button inside the glovebox to reset TPMS or didn't have TPMS at all. My question was in regards to a new winter set up I purchased. They have TPMS from a T2 and the owner was pretty sure they all may not be functioning. I should have those sensors removed...correct?, and not be concerned about putting in new ones.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Depending on what years we are talking about (yours vs donner), they may be using different frequencies, and as such, you wouldn't need to do anything but ignore them. Obviously if you value the TMPS fuction, you will need to have them replaced and\or at the very minimum have the batteries replaced if they are compatible with your system.

·
Registered
2017 Wolfsburg
34 Posts
Depending on what years we are talking about (yours vs donner), they may be using different frequencies, and as such, you wouldn't need to do anything but ignore them. Obviously if you value the TMPS fuction, you will need to have them replaced and\or at the very minimum have the batteries replaced if they are compatible with your system.
I have a 2017 winter wheels/tires from 2008. I do not care for TPMS function, check my tires regularly. If I run these winters as is, will my T just ignore the diff frequency sensors? I do not want the TPMS warning light on. Appreciate your answers.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have a 2017 winter wheels/tires from 2008. I do not care for TPMS function, check my tires regularly. If I run these winters as is, will my T just ignore the diff frequency sensors? I do not want the TPMS warning light on. Appreciate your answers.
Mine did not. They are 433Mhz sensors but still threw the light. OEM 5Q0907275B (correct one is 7PP907275F), hence deletion via VAG-COM. I like the feature but since my wheels came with these sensors (off a 2017 Touareg) I am not going to purchase new ones that work. Not sure why they don't work since they are the same frequency.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
  • SKU:5Q0-907-275-B
  • Other Names:Tire Pressure Sensor, TPMS Sensor, Tire Pressure Monitoring System Sensor
  • Description:
    Touareg. Tiguan. Sensor. 433mhz. 2015-16. 2015-17.
  • Condition:New
  • Replaces:5Q0-907-275
  • SKU:7PP-907-275-F
  • Other Names:TPMS Sensor, Tire Pressure Sensor
  • Description:
    Touareg Hybrid. 433mhz. 2011-14. From 12/06.
  • Condition:New
  • Replaces:4F0-907-275, 4F0-907-275-B, 4F0-907-275-D, 7P0-907-275
Seems to be same frequency, so if the batteries are dead on all of them, the system may still deactivate as it shouldn't see any..... but if any of them still have juice, you'll have to get them replaced or removed.

·
Registered
304 Posts
There is something different in the 2015+ sensors (April 2014+ build date). I don't know exactly how it's different, but I do know that the receiver is completely different. On my 2016, the light will happily stay on for months on end if there are no transponders in the wheels. You may be able to disable in VCDS; I never went through the trouble.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah, 2015 used different sensors. I bought winter wheels from a 2013 w/TMPS and they never worked on my 15. I have heard several Canadian owners say the system disables itself when it detects no sensors. This is not true for US models, I'm assuming due to regulations. Perhaps there is a change that can be made in vagcom to be more like the Canadian programming.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I have heard several Canadian owners say the system disables itself when it detects no sensors. This is not true for US models, I'm assuming due to regulations. Perhaps there is a change that can be made in vagcom to be more like the Canadian programming.
This sounds feasible..... post up your coding and I'll check mine when I get a chance.... I have a 2014 but it will give us something to discuss.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Its not just the mhz when it comes to the change in 2015s
This sounds feasible..... post up your coding and I'll check mine when I get a chance.... I have a 2014 but it will give us something to discuss.
Sorry for the implication, but I don't have vagcom. I do know US regs require tpms in newer cars. I should make a mission to snag a cable and sort this out so I don't stare at an orange light all winter, again.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
You are correct.... I just read that the coding is different for US due to law requirements.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Turbo, thanks for clarifying. I knew I had desperately tried to code out the TPMS on our 2014 but was unable to do so. Good 'ol USA with regulations that don't make any sense given that they do NOT actually require a functional TPMS system. I can pass inspecition all day long with the light on (dead sensors) but can't shut the light off! Kind of annoying, but not enough for me to go pay for new sensors and the cost to remove and remount 4 tires.

·
Registered
705 Posts
You could disable by pulling the fuse, removing TPMS from 19-CAN gateway, and possibly recoding the cluster and/or 5F-infotainment. Or re-flash with Euro coding as I did with ODIS, or VCP.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts